New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Any Successful Micro-Brewery Stories Out There Today?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #1
BVilleggiante
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default Any Successful Micro-Brewery Stories Out There Today?

I'm looking to possibly have a nano-brewery up and running in a year or so just as a side thing while I still have my regular 9-5 job. I was reading a failure story yesterday that was depressing and kind of got me down. There's got to be some good success stories out there, so feel free to share.

I have a business background so I wouldn't be going into this blind and my goal is more to make great beer and have people enjoy it than to make lots of money.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2012, 04:46 PM   #2
dkmitg
Recipes 

You might want to look at the pro brewer forum but on HBT they're is one guy who brews for his buddies restaurant and another who is currently making a beer BBQ place

Old 04-19-2012, 04:54 PM   #3
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 340 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 92

There's also our old buddy Brewtopia, who's opened up what appears to be a pretty effin' spectacular brewpub/taphouse in Seattle.

http://nakedcitybrewing.com/

Read his story here.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:16 AM   #4
davidr2340
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird View Post
There's also our old buddy Brewtopia, who's opened up what appears to be a pretty effin' spectacular brewpub/taphouse in Seattle.

http://nakedcitybrewing.com/

Read his story here.
It is indeed spectacular!!!

Primary: Empty
Kegged: Hazelnut Brown Ale / Tipple Twister Barleywine

Old 04-20-2012, 12:28 AM   #5
bmud0314
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Great timing. There is a nano that got started here in western NY, in the north side of buffalo. At least one of the guys is on HBT, that's how I found out about them about a year ago. I have been following them ever since. I believe tomorrow is the first day their beer is available for public sale.

http://www.communitybeerworks.com/
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/what-has-two-thumbs-going-pro-185611/

I am looking forward to heading out towards buffalo to try their stuff sometime. Too bad I don't get out that way much.

Disclaimer: I am in no way, shape, or form associated with this company, nor have I received any compensation (cash or beer [unfortunately]) for my advertising their opening.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:22 AM   #6
Raggedwood
Recipes 

I'm 22 years old, and I absolutely DREAM!!! of opening a brew-pub, so ride on man, also I just had my first successful brew, and life could not be better. Don't let anything get ya down man, keep on brewin!

Old 04-23-2012, 06:48 AM   #7
brewski08
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 2

dude...there is not a better time to start a nano brewery than right now!

i'm currently pre-med, but i constantly lay awake at night dreaming of the possibility of beginning my own brew pub. i'm very confident that i can make A LOT of money brewing down south not because i'm a fantastic brewer () but simply because they're non-existent. i'm more passionate about medicine though, so i think i'll stick with that route.

i would HIGHLY, HIGHLY, HIGHLY, HIGHLY look into begging your brewery in the southeast. i'm in florida right now, and in the 4 years, i've seen three breweries pop up in my college town. they produce great beer and seem to be doing great.

you should see the local grocery stores over here. three years ago when i was a freshman, publix was literally ALL BMC. you were considered a beer connoisseur if you drank blue moon over here. nowadays, every publix in tallahassee dedicates half of the beer isle to craft beers.

let me tell ya, if you're going to start a nano brewery...now is the time.

Quick Reply