Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Any homebrewers here from the Madison, WI area??

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2010, 08:04 PM   #11
Waunabeer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bniesen View Post
Waunabeer: I'm jealous of your free time/money you can spend on "the best hobby EVER!". I wish I could do the same but the SWMBO and the 3 kids keep me from it

I wish I could brew 3 or more times a month. I'm going to start making a habbit of brewing once a month.

This grain card seems to be the way to go unless they would go cheaper if we bought more as a group. The card seems like a good deal.
I too am married with 3 kids; SWMBO is just very supportive and understanding of my hobbies. I moved to Madison a year ago to support her career, which has paid off in spades.

BrewNinja: I'm with you, but I guess that's how you meet other people. You're a stranger here but once. Maybe some of us who aren't already members should all plan on joining at the same time. I may wait to the first of the year. The club is $25 per year and if you were to join now it would still be $25 for the rest of this year.

Bottled/Kegged: --Bells Oberon Clone, Autumn Amber, Lemon Light Ale, Spotted Cow Clone, Honey Bee Ale, Double Chocolate Oatmeal Stout, Trappist Ale, Bell's Oberon Clone, Savannah Saison, Cream Ale, Fat Tire Clone, Mad Cow, Koppslam IIPA--
On Tap: Ben's IPA, Saison De Noel, Mad Cow
--------------------------------------------------

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2010, 08:34 PM   #12
BrewNinja1
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Id be up on joining the beginning of next year....doesnt really pay to join now like you said.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:43 AM   #13
bniesen
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Waunabeer: I'm even more jelouse now. lol. living the dream.

It may be that you pay yearly according to when you join, if you become a member in June maybe you don't have to pay in until next June? I really don't know but I could get the answer. I would be all for joining the beginning of next year.

Yeast are violent and uncaring warriors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsPaul View Post
The best way to get over a girl is to get under one.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:19 AM   #14
Waunabeer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I emailed the Guild a while back and they told me it was yearly starting in January so if I joined now I would have to pay the $25 for the rest of this year. It's not that big of a deal, but its the getting more bang for my buck. That and a little more experience and finishing my brew room come first.

Bottled/Kegged: --Bells Oberon Clone, Autumn Amber, Lemon Light Ale, Spotted Cow Clone, Honey Bee Ale, Double Chocolate Oatmeal Stout, Trappist Ale, Bell's Oberon Clone, Savannah Saison, Cream Ale, Fat Tire Clone, Mad Cow, Koppslam IIPA--
On Tap: Ben's IPA, Saison De Noel, Mad Cow
--------------------------------------------------

Old 10-15-2010, 01:26 PM   #15
bniesen
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Yeah, I can wait to join. Going to Wine and Hop today after work. I have to pick up a 6.5 gal glass carboy, my previous one started to "star" on the inside from an imperfection in the glass that wasn't seen by SWMBO when she bought it for me a couple of Christmases ago. I am also thinking about the Bottle Sulfiter (the sanitizer spray that attaches on the bottle trees) and perhaps a bottling bucket. I'm trying not to use a glass carboy and my auto siphon when I bottle.

Quote:

Old 08-23-2011, 01:08 PM   #16
jcdouglas
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Another Madison brewer here, I'm doing my first AG today. I also joined the grain card club at the Wine and Hop Shop, $70 for 50 lbs.

Old 08-23-2011, 01:46 PM   #17
bniesen
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Welcome jcdouglas and good luck with your first AG brew! What part of Madison are you in? I reall like the way Wine and Hop has changed the way you can buy grain from them, it has really cut down on my left-over ingredients. When I tire of driving from Verona to the Wine and Hop Shop I will start to order my ingredients from Brewmasters Warehouse since the prices are good, shiping is decent, and a lot of people like their service and quality.
How long have you been brewing?

Quote:

Old 08-23-2011, 02:10 PM   #18
jcdouglas
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I live on the southwest side of Madison, near Verona and Fitchburg. I've been brewing extract on and off, but mostly off, for about four years. Today is my third batch this month and I plan on doing a fourth on Sunday. I am now officially addicted.

Last edited by jcdouglas; 08-23-2011 at 02:22 PM.

Quick Reply