any fellow TX brewers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Landon90

Reaction score
im going to be in college station soon and wil be beginning my first brew (hopefully:D) and i am just wondering is there anyone else in the area that brews as well? kinda like a club thing but casual anyone interested?

Ladies and gentlemen, representing West Texas and the Permian Basin Homebrewers Association, Mr. Tim Kreitz.

[crowd goes wild] :rockin:

The Dallas diocese of the Episcopal Church has a small group from different churches who get together for a Hombrew contest in October every year. This year it is October 1st. It is held at Holy Trinity Episcopal in Garland. I am a member of that group. You can PM me if interested.:mug:

haha texas rules! well that answers my question! and no not a casual encounter :l lol just get together share beer and bull****! ad yes i am a aggie! GIG'EM!!! also Mr.Kreitz and aerod1 nice to see a couple of assosciations makes me even more enthusiastic to startbrewig! still got a little reading to go

There is also North Texas Homebrewers Association and Rockwall Brewers Association.
In Richardson Tx there is a great little LHBS for getting equipment , supplies and ingredients. It is Homebrew Headquarters. The owner, Kelly Harris, helps out with our very informal contest.:mug:

i will be sure to mark this on my calendar, im going to have to get on a batch quick if i want to participate but i still dont know if i will be comfortable with my knowledge yet to do this.

im going to be in college station soon and wil be beginning my first brew (hopefully:D) and i am just wondering is there anyone else in the area that brews as well? kinda like a club thing but casual anyone interested?

I managed to escape College Station this year, thank jebus! There's a homebrew club and a new microbrewery that just opened. I'm not sure how active the club is since A) I was never really active in it and B) the guy who ran the homebrew club is now one of the guys running the brewery. I don't know if anyone really stepped up to replace him in the club.

Here's links to the brewery and the club.

http://www.newrepublicbrewing.com/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/tx.aggieland.brewclub

be proud of texas....except for the heat......high fuel prices....and rick perry theres alot to have pride in. im in such denial...lol no but really i love texas just wanted to see if anyone is near by, and thanks for the club info i actually saw them in a google search looking for a brewery supply in cstat.

Since you're an Aggie, you probably won't have much to do with Austin, but that is the go to place for HB supplies (no affiliation). AHS is the best in the country IMO. Huge selection of recipes to choose from, and great staff.

Tim, y'all have any dove out there this year?

We have tons of them in the city. Of course, that's where the only water is right now. We also have foxes, coyotes, and rabbits wandering through the neighborhoods.

I've struggled with whether or not to get a bird lease this year. So far, I haven't. Everything has burned up (I mean that literally) and all the draws and salt playas are completely dry. No pun intended, but paying to hunt birds this year would definitely be a crap shoot.

Sounds like a match made in Heaven...in the back yard: A lawn chair, some beer, a pellet gun, and a set of powerlines...and then a BBQ.

Since you're an Aggie, you probably won't have much to do with Austin, but that is the go to place for HB supplies (no affiliation). AHS is the best in the country IMO. Huge selection of recipes to choose from, and great staff.

Until I joined this board, I didn't realize how spoiled I was having AHS about 5 minutes from my house!

Brewing since April and I've cooked up: Double Chocolate Stout, Honey Hibiscus Wit, Texas Kolsch, Texas Red Ale, Imperial Agave Wit, Oaked Porter, Texas Blonde, Northdown and Bound Pale Ale. Not a loser in the bunch.

lol yes it counts.....but seriously get a rope! :) and wow youve really been busy, how much did youre starting equipment run you total?

Until I joined this board, I didn't realize how spoiled I was having AHS about 5 minutes from my house!

Brewing since April and I've cooked up: Double Chocolate Stout, Honey Hibiscus Wit, Texas Kolsch, Texas Red Ale, Imperial Agave Wit, Oaked Porter, Texas Blonde, Northdown and Bound Pale Ale. Not a loser in the bunch.

dgunthert, Yes... You are very lucky. I lived in Austin for 6 years PRIOR to brewing. What a beating. Now I live 2-4 hours away from a LHBS and I have to ship my ingredients and equipment from AHS unless I plan my brew calendar around trips to Austin or Dallas. AHS is awesome. Think of us -- the less fortunate -- next time you go to AHS.

By the way Landon90, I'm a proud member of the Fightin' Texas Aggies, Class of 2003 - WHOOP!

Gig'em,

Hobnob

Back