Home Brew Forums

Home Brew Forums (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum.php)
-   General Beer Discussion (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/)
-   -   Any Drip Trays that are not $60?! (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/any-drip-trays-not-60-a-396541/)

BadgerBrigade 03-10-2013 04:58 PM

I have already put plenty of money into my Keezer project and I still don't even have two of the three Perlick taps I need....

I have seen drip trays for $50-$75 and this is over budget I feel for this....
I have seen Stainless steal mud trays for as little as $12, But I was hoping to find something a little more professional looking but not quite to the tune of $50.
Does anyone know of a good place to find a 12 inch stainless steel drip tray? Or something that looks at least better than the 12 inch mud trays?

Jeepinctbrewer 03-10-2013 05:01 PM

could you make this work?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/drip-tray-super-heavy-5-x12-x-75-5004039-/140854986863?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20cb9c 886f

jsguitar 03-10-2013 05:03 PM

^^^^Was just going to link the same eBay seller above. I bought a longer one from the same seller and am very happy with it.

DogFace_Brewing 03-10-2013 05:08 PM

Go to Barproducts.com and search drip tray. They have a SS one that is 19" long for under $20...I have it and it is great...no leaks at all

For the price...you could even cut it and bend it so you will have a 12" one

BadgerBrigade 03-10-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsguitar
^^^^Was just going to link the same eBay seller above. I bought a longer one from the same seller and am very happy with it.

It says very heavy and I'm planning to attach it with magnets, will that work or is it too heavy for that?

BadgerBrigade 03-10-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DogFace_Brewing
Go to Barproducts.com and search drip tray. They have a SS one that is 19" long for under $20...I have it and it is great...no leaks at all

For the price...you could even cut it and bend it so you will have a 12" one

I don't want to modify a 19 inch drip tray, I want to just find a 12 inch

jsguitar 03-10-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadgerBrigade (Post 4991499)
It says very heavy and I'm planning to attach it with magnets, will that work or is it too heavy for that?

It is pretty heavy but that's exactly what I did. Mine is 24" because I spaced my taps too far apart. I have two heavy duty brackets attached with neodymium magnets for the tray to sit on and it holds a full pint without issue. I haven't tested it any more than that, but it seems strong.

hillhousesawdustco 03-10-2013 05:44 PM

I used a piece of copper gutter that came off my folks' house. Soldered on a 1/2" drain copper pipe for a drain and good to go.

BadgerBrigade 03-10-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsguitar

It is pretty heavy but that's exactly what I did. Mine is 24" because I spaced my taps too far apart. I have two heavy duty brackets attached with neodymium magnets for the tray to sit on and it holds a full pint without issue. I haven't tested it any more than that, but it seems strong.

What kind of magnets did you use?

shoreman 03-10-2013 07:19 PM

just got 2 of these and they are great $5 each http://www.ebay.com/itm/drip-tray-7-5-x-4-x-0-75-two-piece-polymer-black-5002538-/140856311358?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20cbb0 be3e


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:27 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.