The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Anheuser Busch and their deceptive marketing

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2013, 05:40 AM   #31
bobbrewedit
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMalty View Post
I like supporting the small guy, i want our economy to grow, that matters to me. So it may seem like i'm being a d!ck to BMC, but i don't care about Canada or Belgium's profit,
This is the part I agree with wholeheartedly...I enjoy bud light on a hot a$$ day, but have stopped buying it since they got bought up...its just my thing. I buy Red Wing boots and anything else I can prove to myself is somehow going to benefit another American...hell, I still only buy American cars and lord knows what a stretch it is to still call them American made.

Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2013, 05:43 AM   #32
CityOChampBrew
Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbrewedit View Post
This is the part I agree with wholeheartedly...I enjoy bud light on a hot a$$ day, but have stopped buying it since they got bought up...its just my thing. I buy Red Wing boots and anything else I can prove to myself is somehow going to benefit another American...hell, I still only buy American cars and lord knows what a stretch it is to still call them American made.
Can someone PLEASE Define an american made car to me?? You buy ford or GM or whatever... and what you get is components that are built in China or Mexico and just assembled here?? Nothing is truely american made... it sucks..
Kegged empty

Old 01-27-2013, 05:46 AM   #33
McMalty
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogarthe View Post
just because you don't like BMC doesn't mean other people don't really like it.

maybe instead of bashing BMC all the time, appreciate the fact they bothered to come out with a beer that has a little flavor and might be enjoyable to more craft drinkers.
i'm not hating on people who like BMC, that's fine. I appreciate people like your buddy who has tried them and prefers beer with "less flavor", that's totally fine, i wouldn't try to dictate anyone's personal preference. And it's not that I have a problem with BMC making beers with more flavor. I'm not bashing them for that. What i have a problem with is them claiming they are "in partnership with craft breweries" when they actually own the "craft" breweries they are referring to, but refuse to put their name on. Why? b/c it damages that product. Sure, that may make business sense, but if simply associating your name with something is damaging....there's something wrong with what you're doing in the first place. And I am bashing them for all their efforts to abolish their craft competition and their overall condescending attitude towards craft as merely a fad. I may be speaking rashly, but i'm well informed.

"Life's short. Drink a lot of beer." -Randolph McMalty

"I don't care too much for BMC" -Abraham Lincoln

Old 01-27-2013, 05:47 AM   #34
Hulud
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 55 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Yeah and I can find more craft beer in my grocery store or even drug store than I can find an AHB-inbev product. They're really squezing out the craft breweries.

Funny, but where I live even our chain grocery stores carry more craft beer than they do macro beers. kroger's, Meijer's, even the local IGAs carry a huge selection of craft and imported beers, and devote more shelf space to said beers. Than they do to domestic light lagers these day. Even the most "Ghetto" of the liquor stores in Detroit have some alternatives to those beers.

My first "special" beer was Double Diamond Burton ale, bought in the kind of inner-city party store where the also kept the "chore boy" scrubbies and sold plastic roses in little glass test tubes at the front counter (if you don't know chore boy and little glass test tubes can be used to smoke crack with, they're quite popular in inner city stores.)

We also have 100 micro breweries in Michigan.

In fact I've been trying to find the Budweiser Brew Masters series that we've been talking about in other threads, and I JUST CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE.....I can find any craft, imported and micro beer that are distributed in my state, especially those brewed in Michigan easier than I can find the Budweiser product.

I've been buying imported and craft beers since 1986, and more of it every year. I just don't buy that they have as much power as you think they do. The genie is out of the bottle, the distributors, and the store owners know which side the bread is buttered, they have the real power. They know beer culture is here to stay and they know that a decent amount of the population nowadays is more interested in pay 17 dollars for a bottle of x craft beer. They know that they have to nowadays sell 2 cases of budlight, for every 12 dollar 4 pack of Founder's Breakfast Stout that a large segment of the population is clamoring for.

Or 1 Utopias for every 12 cases of Bush lite?

They're not going to allow the macro breweries to dictate to them how they have to make their money these days.....they're going to cover all bases.

The market drives things, not the producers.

So, from where I'm looking, where I can buy more craft beers, and attend beer tastings everyweek in my local pharmacy I find those "beerwars" arguments about how much power the "evil empire" has over beer distribution anymore about as believable as most 9-11 conspiracies.

This is a DRUGSTORE, where I buy my condoms and heart medication, not one of the dozen beer stores in a mile radious from there that have great beer selections, this is my PHARMACY.....They have three "Beer experts" on staff.

Here's a list....

You might notice they list 8 BMC type beers, and 70 craft, micros, imported, ciders, and meads.

And that's just one store.....If this is the result of a three tier system, than it's fine by me.

I think those arguments are just more looking for a reason to hate, than they're having that much of a stanglehold these days. There's room for it all.

These beersnob arguments are so tiring..... And just silly. Craft beer an endangered species, and bmc the evil empire...*yawn*
revvy i respect you but what you see up there is not the norm (atleast not dow here...unfortunately)

at the store i work at BMC has 1/2 the aisle for beer because of selling purposes.

I love craft beer and have tried everything we offer which is why i dont buy beer from my store anymore
PhelanKA7 Likes This 
Old 01-27-2013, 05:48 AM   #35
AZ_IPA
PKU
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 5984 Times on 5252 Posts
Likes Given: 673

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbrewedit View Post
Think of the 10s of thousands of jobs InBev provides to American citizens, either directly or indirectly. Farmers, maltsters, brewers, aluminium companies, truck drivers, sales reps, distributors, promotors, regulators, bar/restaurant owners, etc.

InBev is good for the American economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityOChampBrew View Post
Can someone PLEASE Define an american made car to me?? You buy ford or GM or whatever... and what you get is components that are built in China or Mexico and just assembled here?? Nothing is truely american made... it sucks..
What, say it ain't so???
Old 01-27-2013, 05:49 AM   #36
McMalty
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulud View Post
revvy i respect you but what you see up there is not the norm (atleast not dow here...unfortunately)

at the store i work at BMC has 1/2 the aisle for beer because of selling purposes.

I love craft beer and have tried everything we offer which is why i dont buy beer from my store anymore
thank you

"Life's short. Drink a lot of beer." -Randolph McMalty

"I don't care too much for BMC" -Abraham Lincoln

Old 01-27-2013, 05:50 AM   #37
SpentGrains
Recipes 

Liked 39 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I'm glad people like OP are passionate about beer, without people like him there would be no craft beer, no beer movement. Hell if we all loved light lager so much when why are we homebrewing everything but?

BMC is the fast food joints of beer and operate on the same principles. They are available, reasonably priced, and taste the same everywhere you buy it. McDonalds sells more burgers than any other joint; can anyone in this thread honestly tell me that they make the best hamburger? Market share doesn't mean they sell the best product, only that they are the best at selling product.

I eat McDonalds more than I care to admit, but I don't go out of my way to try their new fancy pants burger, or try to tell people that they have a stick up their hole if they don't eat it. I also don't blame someone for boycotting McDonalds because of their ingredients or poor wages.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:52 AM   #38
Hulud
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMalty View Post
thank you
you are welcome....? lol

yea it sucks having to go support a competitor rather than my employer because they want profits

Old 01-27-2013, 05:54 AM   #39
Hulud
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpentGrains View Post
I'm glad people like OP are passionate about beer, without people like him there would be no craft beer, no beer movement. Hell if we all loved light lager so much when why are we homebrewing everything but?

BMC is the fast food joints of beer and operate on the same principles. They are available, reasonably priced, and taste the same everywhere you buy it. McDonalds sells more burgers than any other joint; can anyone in this thread honestly tell me that they make the best hamburger? Market share doesn't mean they sell the best product, only that they are the best at selling product.

I eat McDonalds more than I care to admit, but I don't go out of my way to try their new fancy pants burger, or try to tell people that they have a stick up their hole if they don't eat it.
so it comes down to convience rather than quality? cause CA has some quality FFburger joints

Old 01-27-2013, 05:55 AM   #40
CityOChampBrew
Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 45

I wouldn't be caught dead eating McD's but if you handed me a free bud I would drink the h@@@ out of it.. Difference is I love beer, but I'm not going to poison myself with some cr@ppy tasting burger or whatever. Would I buy bud.. no but I'm not going to turn a free one down.

Kegged empty

Closed Thread

Quick Reply