Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Anheuser Busch and their deceptive marketing
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2013, 05:23 AM   #21
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2774 Times on 1659 Posts
Likes Given: 3486

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityOChampBrew View Post
I'm with you, I'll try anything once... I'm just not rushing out to the store to buy it to try it..

Black Crown is one of the Project 12 beers, right? Have you tried the sampler? They're pretty good. They have a vanilla oaked on in there that's pretty tasty. Actually all three of the winners were worth trying. It's actually nice to see AHB doing something geared more to us craft beer drinkers.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2013, 05:27 AM   #22
Onihige
Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 29

I don't see the problem with MBC trying to squeeze in on the craft market, and anyone who would not give them the benefit of the doubt is as ignorant as someone who'd only drink BMC.

"No thanks, I don't like dark beers." - How often have you heard that from someone who simply refuses to even taste something different?

And now you're doing the same - MBC is trying to offer something different from that bland thing they call beer, and you dismiss it without even trying FOR FREE?!

What did you have to lose, except that stuck up pride?

This isn't a beer belly, It's a fuel tank for a love machine.

People Like This 
Old 01-27-2013, 05:36 AM   #23
porky_pine
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 116

I wouldn't bother tasting any AB crap. I don't know anyone that drinks it either. There is a huge grocery store right across the street from my house and lucky for me I think they only carry craft beer. I don't remember the last time I saw BMC beer.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:46 AM   #24
McMalty
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 14

alright, maybe I didn't mention this in the beginning b/c i was ranting, but for me there's an actual point to buying from craft brewers rather than BMC. ....and this is earnest, I really really support American small(esque) businesses. NONE of BMC is American owned, but 99% of craft brews that I buy are. I like supporting the small guy, i want our economy to grow, that matters to me. So it may seem like i'm being a d!ck to BMC, but i don't care about Canada or Belgium's profit, and certainly not for a substandard product.

And furthermore, many states are different, but in Maryland, the ONLY place i can buy beer is in a liquor store. I dont have the luxury of having 70+ craft brews at my local drug store or grocery store, instead I there's no alcohol aside from listerine and rubbing alcohol. So you'll have to pardon me if i cannot just stumble to any random store to pick up booze, its one of the things that really sux about this state, but i'll deal with it, whatever.

The point I'm trying to make is that BMC is silently staging a war on craft breweries. maybe it will amount to nothing, but all im saying is that there's a reason that the rich kid always seems to be alright in the end.

"Life's short. Drink a lot of beer." -Randolph McMalty

"I don't care too much for BMC" -Abraham Lincoln

People Like This 
Old 01-27-2013, 05:55 AM   #25
pnj
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 6 Posts

Sounds like your issue is with your state and their poor alcohol laws.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:59 AM   #26
McMalty
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onihige View Post
!

What did you have to lose, except that stuck up pride?
I have no "stuck up pride". its about quality craftsmanship and brewers that care about their consumers. Do you like buying from a corporation who does 't give a damn about you or would you rather buy from people who are just like you, who make beer because they love it. Maybe you don't care, but i do, thats all i'm saying.

Read it yourself if you want to:

http://beerpulse.com/2012/11/lagunit...ev-on-twitter/

"Life's short. Drink a lot of beer." -Randolph McMalty

"I don't care too much for BMC" -Abraham Lincoln

Old 01-27-2013, 06:01 AM   #27
Varmintman
Recipes 

Liked 662 Times on 416 Posts
Likes Given: 828

I get tired and I mean really tired of defending the BMC folks and honestly these threads show up fairly often.

I like Bud Light and often drink it. That is my choice and I am not going to change it. Other folks do not like BMC and that is fine as well. But for petes sake folks stop bashing the beer because YOU do not like it. I do not like IPAs at all and you will not hear me bashing it.

Now go and have a beer be it a BMC or a craft beer and while drinking it remember IT IS JUST BEER.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:04 AM   #28
Ostomo517
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 575 Times on 364 Posts
Likes Given: 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnj View Post
Sounds like your issue is with your state and their poor alcohol laws.
+1 Seems because of those crappy liquor laws you have a skewed view of the industry as a whole.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:06 AM   #29
CityOChampBrew
Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Black Crown is one of the Project 12 beers, right? Have you tried the sampler? They're pretty good. They have a vanilla oaked on in there that's pretty tasty. Actually all three of the winners were worth trying. It's actually nice to see AHB doing something geared more to us craft beer drinkers.
Have not had the chance to try em yet... I am always up for something new though.

@Mcmalty

Drinking free beer from ahb would be cutting into their profits as they are giving away that sample with no hopes of winning you as a customer so I would see it as sticking it to them and drink their free beer
Kegged empty

Old 01-27-2013, 06:28 AM   #30
Hogarthe
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 14 Posts

I think the Black Crown is the amber lager from the Project 12 pack.... it is pretty good. I hate Budwieser, just never have liked it. But all 3 in the variety pack were drinkable. Not exceptional, for my tastes, but good. I think they really did put in some effort into them. And the Black Crown is sold as Budweiser Black Crown, so there is no attempt to hide it or pretend it is a craft beer. That does happen, I've bought a couple beers at the store that I then looked up online and found they were really a Pabst product.

and the whole argument of people only drinking BMC because of marketing, or because they haven't ever tried anything else. I work with a guy who has tried just about every beer sold in town, but his favorites are Bud, Bud Light and Busch. He honestly likes the flavor of those beers. Another friend, I've gotten him to try tons of beer Everything from stout to belgians to ipa. He likes Coors Light, because in his words "it has the least flavor". He doesn't want a lot of flavor in a beer. every time he tries one I give him, he hates it. just because you don't like BMC doesn't mean other people don't really like it.

maybe instead of bashing BMC all the time, appreciate the fact they bothered to come out with a beer that has a little flavor and might be enjoyable to more craft drinkers.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply