Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Anheuser Busch and their deceptive marketing
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2013, 05:05 AM   #11
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3600 Times on 2221 Posts
Likes Given: 3105

I'd love to get me some of that Black Crown. Seriously.

People Like This 
Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2013, 05:05 AM   #12
CityOChampBrew
Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 45

If you want to make more of a mark next time try his beer and then tell him how it tastes like monkey piss, who knows you make like it. Whats free is free, it's not like you are giving them money if you are that hard against them.

Kegged empty

Old 01-27-2013, 05:07 AM   #13
Ostomo517
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 575 Times on 364 Posts
Likes Given: 184

I agree Revvy the whole argument is a pitiful deal. Makes no real sense, I experience the same at my grocery store as far as selection, way more crafts than BMC beers. And when im gonna make a day of drinking its Labatt Blue for me......hopefully my Labatt doesnt drive craft beer out of existence.....ugh please.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:09 AM   #14
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2767 Times on 1657 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnj View Post

Have you always been a craft beer drinker?

or did you just watch beer wars recently?
*beerspew*

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 01-27-2013, 05:10 AM   #15
deuce40
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I really don't care who makes the beer. If its good ill drink it, which is the reason why I don't enjoy any Inbev beers. They are a business and the reason you open a business is to make money. Some people love doing it also but if their is no profit there is no business. I do hate the fact that there are people out there that think beer is only light lagers but they haven't been exposed to the other side of things. I fell like its my job to try to educate those that are less fortunate and discover how amazing beer can be. Also loosen up man its just beer.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:14 AM   #16
McMalty
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostomo517 View Post
Maybe im missing something but I just dont get this attitude of the OP. Last I checked craft brews were not a endangered species. I get not buying something cause you dont like it, but cmon....really?
If you don't get my attitude, let me make it clearer for you. BMC HATES craft brews. They'll do anything in their power to put them under. Ok, so what u say. Well the problem is that they have a lot of effing money. They are continually buying craft breweries and making substandard products from what were once proud home-grown establishments. Take Goose Island for example, just follow beerpulse.com and see how many of the goose island guys have quit to work for real craft brewers. why? b/c InBev doesnt care about you AT ALL. Maybe thats fine with you, but it's not fine with me. If you follow Tony Magee, the founder of Lagunitas, u'll realize quickly what i'm talking about. BMC is trying to poison the craft brew culture, and frankly i don't like it. If they want to make american light lagers, fine, do it. but if they want to pass off substandard "crafty" products that they can distribute nationwide, i have a problem with that. None of those products proudly boast "Product of BMC". Why not? B/c they want to trick consumers into thinking it's homegrown and not mass produced by them. Wouldn't u want ur name on ur products? Sure you would, unless you were ashamed of them or trying to hide something. Maybe i'm over-reacting a bit, but when i saw it first hand today, it lit a fire under my @$$ and pissed me off. yeah im on a soap box, sorry, its a forum

"Life's short. Drink a lot of beer." -Randolph McMalty

"I don't care too much for BMC" -Abraham Lincoln

CoalCreekBeer Likes This 
Old 01-27-2013, 05:15 AM   #17
Dustinj
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I bought a 6 pack the other day that I thought was "craft" and it ended up being a coors product. I buy bud light because $12 an 18 pack is nice when I'm around pool putting em back. I think it's more a sign that they realize craft beer is becoming more popular and they want in on it. Not a bad business move, and then again I'm not anti big biz. If the craft breweries continue to put out good brews they won't have a problem. Guys like us will buy it.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:17 AM   #18
AZ_IPA
PKU
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 6252 Times on 5426 Posts
Likes Given: 803

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMalty View Post
If you don't get my attitude, let me make it clearer for you. BMC HATES craft brews. They'll do anything in their power to put them under. Ok, so what u say. Well the problem is that they have a lot of effing money. They are continually buying craft breweries and making substandard products from what were once proud home-grown establishments. Take Goose Island for example, just follow beerpulse.com and see how many of the goose island guys have quit to work for real craft brewers. why? b/c InBev doesnt care about you AT ALL. Maybe thats fine with you, but it's not fine with me. If you follow Tony Magee, the founder of Lagunitas, u'll realize quickly what i'm talking about. BMC is trying to poison the craft brew culture, and frankly i don't like it. If they want to make american light lagers, fine, do it. but if they want to pass off substandard "crafty" products that they can distribute nationwide, i have a problem with that. None of those products proudly boast "Product of BMC". Why not? B/c they want to trick consumers into thinking it's homegrown and not mass produced by them. Wouldn't u want ur name on ur products? Sure you would, unless you were ashamed of them or trying to hide something. Maybe i'm over-reacting a bit, but when i saw it first hand today, it lit a fire under my @$$ and pissed me off. yeah im on a soap box, sorry, its a forum
I'm pissed Bell's, Dogfishhead and others have expanded their distribution to Arizona. I wish they'd just stay small and local and not sell out with nationwide distribution, increased production, and increased profits. Greedy bastids.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:19 AM   #19
Ostomo517
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 575 Times on 364 Posts
Likes Given: 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMalty View Post

Still.at the end of the day the owners of those breweries are the ones selling out so maybe you should take your argument to them
Old 01-27-2013, 05:19 AM   #20
CityOChampBrew
Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn View Post
I'd love to get me some of that Black Crown. Seriously.
I'm with you, I'll try anything once... I'm just not rushing out to the store to buy it to try it..
Kegged empty

Closed Thread

Quick Reply