Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > American Beer - the film

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2006, 06:04 AM   #1
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 607 Times on 376 Posts
Likes Given: 54

Default American Beer - the film

I thought I saw a reference to this, but after searching (even with Google), I couldn't find it.

I just watched this film - not bad! It's amateur-ish and goofy at times, but they tour 38 craft breweries in 40 days, and it includes some great interviews.

Breweries include: Dogfish Head, Anchor, Red Hook, Climax, Anderson Valley, Rogue, New Belgium, and a ton more that have slipped my mind (because I tried to keep up with the guys in the film...beer drinking, that is).

Worth a look - especially if you have Netflix or other cheap means of renting a movie.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2007, 02:00 PM   #3
Orpheus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

I watched this movie last night. I quite enjoyed it. Many people on Netflix complained that the movie suffered from identity crisis with the 'friends crossing the country' storyline competing with the brewery tours and interviews, but I didn't mind it at all. They were, after all, on a roadtrip to see 40 breweries in 38 days, so I didn't find the story incongruous with the rest of the movie at all.

I like that I got to go on a behind the scenes tour and actually see interviews with the head brewers of the breweries and hear them talk about everything from how they make their beers, to bashing BMC and distributors, etc.

A good film to watch, especially for this crowd.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply