Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Amarillo Hop Dust

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2012, 12:11 PM   #101
bja
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Nobody said it fell on the floor. Evidently there are trays in the processing machine which collect this product.
Have you seen the processing machine?

I know it just wouldn't be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet, but do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course?

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 05:55 PM   #102
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2688 Times on 2086 Posts
Likes Given: 339

Quote:
Originally Posted by bja

Have you seen the processing machine?
We all have. The owner posted a picture of it.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:59 PM   #103
bja
Recipes 

Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
We all have. The owner posted a picture of it.
I didn't. That site is blocked here at work.

I know it just wouldn't be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet, but do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course?

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:45 PM   #104
CityOChampBrew
Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by daksin View Post
It's really easy to be honest when you're posting on the internet. It's harder to be honest when you need to turn a profit to survive and you're handling other people's money.

I'm always looking for new sources for hops, availability, and good pricing, but I'm with neosapien and Yooper- they're never getting any of my money.
I made the mistake of ordering from these guys on good faith that they were a reputable business. I ordered the hop dust, 8 oz of saaz, 8oz of caliente, their 2lb import bundle(which at the time included 8 oz of Halleratu Hersbrucker, UK Golding, UK Fuggle, and Hallertau Mittelfrüh. It took 10 days to get to me, shipped usps priority.

http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInt...99937325644315

When I finally received the hops I was missing 8 oz, the Hallertau Mittelfrüh, so I emailed the vendor and he replied that he was going to ship them out. That was about 18 days ago and I still have yet to receive anything from him. I have also sent them a few emails this week without response so it looks like I'm going to have to file a dispute with paypal to have the money for that missing product returned. BUYER BEWARE!!!
Kegged empty

Reason: typo

Old 12-27-2012, 10:01 PM   #105
daksin
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 277 Times on 240 Posts
Likes Given: 324

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityOChampBrew View Post
I made the mistake of ordering from these guys on good faith that they were a reputable business. I ordered the hop dust, 8 oz of saaz, 8oz of caliente, their 2lb import bundle(which at the time included 8 oz of Halleratu Hersbrucker, UK Golding, UK Fuggle, and Hallertau Mittelfrüh. It took 10 days to get to me, shipped usps priority.

http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInt...99937325644315

When I finally received the hops I was missing 8 oz, the Hallertau Mittelfrüh, so I emailed the vendor and he replied that he was going to ship them out. That was about 18 days ago and I still have yet to receive anything from him. I have also sent them a few emails this week without response so it looks like I'm going to have to file a dispute with paypal to have the money for that missing product returned. BUYER BEWARE!!!
Sorry to hear it. Hope everything works out for you and that somebody learns from this whole kerfuffle. Also, to be on the lookout for new members inexplicably pushing yakima valley hops dot com.

I can't be arsed to keep up this list of what's in the fermenters, but hey, check out the cool brewery I own!

twitter.com/2kidsbrewing .. facebook.com/2kidsbrewing .. 2kidsbrewing.com

Old 12-27-2012, 10:54 PM   #106
sweetcell
Swollen Member
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 709 Times on 521 Posts
Likes Given: 273

has anyone used the dust yet? verdict?

Quote:
I have also sent them a few emails this week without response
it's the middle of the holidays and this doesn't appear to be a big operation, so it's possible that you haven't received a reply because no one is working this week. but that doesn't excuse the 18 day delay, tho.

Drinking: a farmhouse with ECY08 & brett blend, wet-hopped harvest ale x 2, second runnings dark ale with vanilla
Fermenting: (nothing active)
Aging: imperial chocolate stout, sour cherry mead, oud bruin & a few other sours, acerglyn, a BDSA

Old 12-28-2012, 08:10 AM   #107
CityOChampBrew
Recipes 

Dryhopped a beer with the dust, probabally not the best use for hop dust but it was so compact that it was more like a hop brick. It turned out very nicely, just kegged it tonight. So far I see nothing wrong with the hops, you just have to risk not getting them if you buy from these guys.

Kegged empty

Old 12-29-2012, 08:48 PM   #108
CityOChampBrew
Recipes 

Update to my purchase from Yakima Valley Hops: I did finally receive the missing hops, took 19 days to get to me from when the vendor said he was shipping them out. All their shipment go thru the postal service so take the for what it is..... very f'in slow...

Hops I have used so far have been quality, I just wouldn't risk ordering from them during warmer months with the experience I have had this time.

Kegged empty

Old 12-30-2012, 09:40 PM   #109
highgravitybacon
Recipes 

Liked 205 Times on 144 Posts
Likes Given: 152

Quote:
Update to my purchase from Yakima Valley Hops: I did finally receive the missing hops, took 19 days to get to me from when the vendor said he was shipping them out. All their shipment go thru the postal service so take the for what it is..... very f'in slow...

Hops I have used so far have been quality, I just wouldn't risk ordering from them during warmer months with the experience I have had this time.
It looks like it went to Federal Way then back to Yakima, then back to the DC area. I am not defending the vendor, but these things happen. Maybe it was addressed incorrectly, not enough postage, human error, car accident, train derailment, etc.

I have had UPS packages delayed for "Train Derailment" before. Severe weather delays, strikes, all sorts of crap.

There was a vendor that FedEx in this area hired to make the "last mile" trips out to a small town about a two hours outside of KC. However, mysyteriously, almost 500 packages usually with electronics went missing on that route alone in the past 3-4 months.

Weird things happen.

Old 12-30-2012, 10:23 PM   #110
JonGrafto
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 97 Times on 76 Posts
Likes Given: 11

You know what is funny, my package did the same thing. It went from Yakima, WA to Maryland and then back to Washington and then over to Illinois and up to Wisconsin.
Could be coincidence but I just think it is odd that this is not the first time it has happened with them.

Quick Reply