Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Am I Justified

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2013, 11:42 PM   #1
Rabbit03
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Am I Justified

So I have been brewing for about 4 years now. In the last six months I started brewing with someone who is dating one of my girlfriends friends at his place since my current living situation doesn't allow me to brew very efficiently in my apartment.

So I brought all of my brewing equipment over to his place, which he didn't have any of the equipment needed to brew all grain. What started out as a I will pay for my batches of beer and you will pay for your own quickly degraded into him never paying for ingredients and then trying to take at least half of every batch, but the batch he did pay for he took the whole thing. I mean I like to share my beer with my friends and family but it makes it a little tough when I get hardly any beer to begin with.

Then to poor salt in the wound I went to his place one night when some of his friends are their and I realized he takes all the credit for the beers I brewed, I mean these are my recipes I wrote, did all the work and payed for them.

So I guess my question is am I justified taking my equipment back home and not helping him with some batches/project beers I said I would. Quite frankly I feel like I am being taken advantage of in this whole situation.

End Rant.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2013, 11:45 PM   #2
Varmintman
Recipes 

Liked 653 Times on 409 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Yes

Old 04-25-2013, 11:46 PM   #3
ThaBrewFather06
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts

Um defiantly you are being takin advantage of. Screw this guy. Take your equipment home and find a way to not let him in on it.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:47 PM   #4
isleofman
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 295

I'd pack up my brewing gear and not think twice about this clown.

A watched pot never boils. An unwatched pot always boils over.

People Like This 
Old 04-25-2013, 11:47 PM   #5
WDT
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Take your stuff back. No reason to put up with that crap.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:01 AM   #6
jmcquesten
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit03 View Post
So I have been brewing for about 4 years now. In the last six months I started brewing with someone who is dating one of my girlfriends friends at his place since my current living situation doesn't allow me to brew very efficiently in my apartment.

So I brought all of my brewing equipment over to his place, which he didn't have any of the equipment needed to brew all grain. What started out as a I will pay for my batches of beer and you will pay for your own quickly degraded into him never paying for ingredients and then trying to take at least half of every batch, but the batch he did pay for he took the whole thing. I mean I like to share my beer with my friends and family but it makes it a little tough when I get hardly any beer to begin with.

Then to poor salt in the wound I went to his place one night when some of his friends are their and I realized he takes all the credit for the beers I brewed, I mean these are my recipes I wrote, did all the work and payed for them.

So I guess my question is am I justified taking my equipment back home and not helping him with some batches/project beers I said I would. Quite frankly I feel like I am being taken advantage of in this whole situation.

End Rant.
Yes. Take it home and stop giving him beer. If you're like most (homebrewers), you have a good bit of money tied up in your equipment. If he's not even willing to share the cost of ingredients, he shouldn't reap the benefits of your hard work. On top of that, he takes all the credit? Not cool. Your apartment situation sucks for brewing, but you can figure something out. Maybe if the good beer supply dries up, he'll have a change of attitude. If not, let him go BUY beer from the store and take credit for that. You are being taken advantage of.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:02 AM   #7
mikescooling
Recipes 

Liked 203 Times on 155 Posts
Likes Given: 184

I think every brewer runs in to mooch's. They think the beer is endless and free. Cut the cord, take ALL of your stuff back (but say it nice) like you have a HBC meeting and need your ALL your stuff. I'm saying this because when this happened to me, some feelings got hurt.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:04 AM   #8
fizgig
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 51

You have a great non-confrontational excuse if you're worried about it, tell him you're taking your gear to a national homebrew day event, then just never bring it back.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:14 AM   #9
davekippen
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 160 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 417

You know the answer to your own question

Hit me on Untappd https://untappd.com/user/davekippen

Old 04-26-2013, 12:16 AM   #10
Komocabo
Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I think we are all saying the same thing. Take your gear back and brew at home. Sounds like he's a tool anyways.

And on the eighth day he said "Make beer!"

Quick Reply