New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Always hear of people complaining about Fedex...know I know why.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2010, 10:35 PM   #41
Teromous
Beer Gnome
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 198 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Sometimes they hide it in the plants near the house, or put it under something so it's not as visible to somebody else. It's just to keep people from stealing it but sometimes it's like a treasure hunt

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2010, 01:45 AM   #42
Diver165
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I used to work as a Paramedic and we would have shuttle critical care patients who are flown in/out of town. It just so happens that the airport is a FedEx hub. We would watch them load and unload the cargo containers into smaller planes as we waited for the air ambulance to land. It shock most to see that those packages are literally thrown into the smaller cargo containers. My partner, (who was ever so witty), saw one of them take a step towards the cargo container and then throw the package. He said, "Hmmm, that one must have been marked fragile." LOL!!!

But my own home delivery experience with FedEx has been OK. My stuff gets here. If it isn't on my door step it is sitting next to my garage door. I've had the best luck with UPS. Those guys have their **** squared away!

Last edited by Diver165; 09-16-2010 at 02:13 AM. Reason: too much homebrew...

Old 09-16-2010, 02:09 AM   #43
HossTheGreat
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Well, got a call from Fedex basically saying that they are opening an investigation and that they'll contact me within 48 hours. In the meantime, they suggested that I contact the seller, which I already have. In no way is this BMW's fault. Fedex completely dropped the ball on this one. Wonder if I do get that package what kind of shape those yeast will be in.

Old 09-16-2010, 02:26 AM   #44
mosquitocontrol
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Sometimes if they have no other dropoff's near your house that day they will just click off the 'delivered' button. Then the next day or whenever they are in the area they will drop it off. That's happened to me a few times. I think they are trying to save gas while hitting some kind of quota or getting paid earlier. Since they are contractors.

Old 09-16-2010, 02:35 AM   #45
HossTheGreat
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosquitocontrol View Post
Sometimes if they have no other dropoff's near your house that day they will just click off the 'delivered' button. Then the next day or whenever they are in the area they will drop it off. That's happened to me a few times. I think they are trying to save gas while hitting some kind of quota or getting paid earlier. Since they are contractors.
Well...today was day 2 and still nothing, so who knows. My guess is they delivered it somewhere else by mistake.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:02 PM   #46
motobrewer
I'm no atheist scientist, but...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 197 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 362

someone just tried to ship me something USPS, got it back as "undeliverable".

I've been getting UPS packages all week...

Quick Reply