Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Always hear of people complaining about Fedex...know I know why.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2010, 03:19 PM   #21
HossTheGreat
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetallHed View Post
Check the kids. Don't pay a dime 'til you know for sure.
Hahaha!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2010, 03:39 PM   #22
GilaMinumBeer
In yo' garage, steelin' yo parts.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4955 Times on 4522 Posts
Likes Given: 60

I was running a small Home Theater Installation company from my home and was sent a pair of high end speaker for a demo in consideration of offering the line.

Fed Ex was the carrier.

I knew the speaker were being delivered that day but didn't know when. The only way I discovered taht they had been delivered is because I backed into one of them with my truck. Fortunately I felt the bump, knew something was amiss, and stopped immediately.

The delivery driver had left them on my driveway right in front of the garage door. Didn't even bother to take them to the porch or ring the bell.

The speakers were only slightly damaged but that could have very well been a $10K mistake on a lazy drivers behalf.

Now if only UPS had 24 hour drop off locations here.

Old 09-15-2010, 03:40 PM   #23
Cpt_Kirks
Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 39 Posts

USP is not great, but beats the snot out of Fedex home.

Fedex home drivers are contractors, not Fedex employees. They answer to no one, and it shows.

Old 09-15-2010, 04:55 PM   #24
Shackled
Recipes 

I live just down the street from a FedEx hub. I fear for my life around 6 pm when its time for the trucks to return home. The scare the hell out of me. And thats saying something considering my entire driving life has been spent in the Atlanta metro area.

I find it to be UPS > USPS > FedEx.
We have a couple of different drivers for UPS that hit my apartment. Only one of them knocks every time. The rest drop and dash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckfoot View Post
Fair enough... I know what the traffic can be like around here....
Where in the GA are you Duckfoot? Sounds like you might be close to BMW's. Which means you may be close to me.

"Do you ever feel like your life is being controlled by a 3 year old with an etchasketch?"

-Brian-

Old 09-15-2010, 05:04 PM   #25
Fletch78
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 26

I don't know how UPS works, but I know Fedex drivers are private contractors, or work for a private contractor. They "buy" routes from Fedex, drive Fedex home delivery trucks, etc. It's sort of like a franchise system. You may live in an area with a crappy contractor who runs that route, or you may live in an area where an exceptional contractor runs the route. However, when you complain to Fedex, the contractors hear about it. If they are doing something unreasonable or stupid, don't be afraid to call the local distribution office and complain. They generally crack the whip swiftly on contractors, and contractors can get routes pulled from them and given to another contractor. It's like the "Death Penalty". One of my good friends is a Fedex driver, and I've done some inside office work at a Home Delivery facility, also in a contractor capacity.

Old 09-15-2010, 05:06 PM   #26
Fletch78
Recipes 

Shackled... I grew up in Kennesaw... Harrison 96

Old 09-15-2010, 05:39 PM   #27
Shackled
Recipes 

Dont know when the last time you were over this way Fletch but they built a Fedex hub at 41 and Old 41 right next to the air port. The biggest issue I have with the drivers is if they can get one inch of their truck into an intersection they will drive the rest of the way regardless of what the stop light tells them to do.

"Do you ever feel like your life is being controlled by a 3 year old with an etchasketch?"

-Brian-

Old 09-15-2010, 05:44 PM   #28
Fletch78
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shackled View Post
Dont know when the last time you were over this way Fletch but they built a Fedex hub at 41 and Old 41 right next to the air port. The biggest issue I have with the drivers is if they can get one inch of their truck into an intersection they will drive the rest of the way regardless of what the stop light tells them to do.
Hmmm.... McDonald's, Waffle House, Public Storage, boat sales? Where'd they fit the fedex hub?

Old 09-15-2010, 06:06 PM   #29
Shackled
Recipes 

more or less behind the WaHo and Ace. Across old 41.
http://goo.gl/lNMp

-Brian-

Old 09-15-2010, 06:07 PM   #30
Fletch78
Recipes 

The old Crystal Chandelier?

Quick Reply