Last week to Enter the Spike Brewing 20 Gallon Sight Glass Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > All Hallows brew day anyone?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2011, 04:42 PM   #1
Zamial
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 169 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default All Hallows brew day anyone?

I am planning on brewing up a Metheglin that will be black and hopped like an IPA. I am calling it Black No.1 and will be aging it out, maybe crack open 1 bottle every Halloween after this one?

Anyone else got an interesting Halloween brew day they are planning?

I will use 1/2 of my honey and steep some de-bittered black patent into it for the color. Bring it to a boil and add in some hops. I have some that need to get used up anyways so this will be a great way to do it. I am thinking a Centennial/Amarillo/Simcoe sorta thing...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2011, 04:48 PM   #2
ABrewingApe
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Just like all the shops around here, I'm going to be breaking out the Christmas supplies. Gotta get an early start on a barleywine.

Old 10-28-2011, 05:38 PM   #3
SkewedBrewing
Hopscallion
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

I'll be brewing a Pumpkin Brown Ale with a friend who has never brewed before. Took the day off, should be a good time.

Reusable Pry-Off Bottles Wiki

Quick Reply