New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Alaskan brewing is releasing an IPA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2007, 07:11 PM   #11
RoaringBrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I've HEARD of some IPA's being hazy before, but never seen it. My IPA seems pretty crystal clear as well as most bottles I've drinken. The IPA's I've enjoyed on draft have been pretty clear, as well, but not sure I would call them "crystal" clear.

However, I'm sure most of the bottled IPAs undergo filtering, whereas the tapped IPAs, including the A.B. probably does not... *shrug*

They probably just throw it in the description in case they get a hazy batch it won't scare someone off... I'm sure it's probably pretty clear, say in comparison to a wheatbeer or something.

EDIT: Wish I could try to Alaskan Brewing stuff... Doubtful we are getting that in PA. :/

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2007, 09:39 PM   #12
Willsellout

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook
I had a couple pints of this last weekend. I'd never heard of it before so that explains it. My wife actually ordered a pint of it. She's NEVER ordered an IPA, and rarely found one that she can drink.

On draft I'd say that its more of a slightly hoppy pale ale than it is an IPA, light in color, about 4-6 SRM, lightly hopped, but very clean and crisp. I enjoyed it, but I considered it about the most mild IPA I've ever had. Good balance though.
She should try the Widmer Broken Halo...it's a very mild IPA...tasty and mild.

Dan

Secondary One-Empty
Secondary Two-Empty

On Tap: Hobgoblin, Coffee Stout
Bottled: Arrogant Bastard clone, Summit IPA, Apfelwein

Old 03-28-2007, 04:48 AM   #13
AleHole
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

Just bought a sixer while on a run to the store for Ben & Jerrys for SWMBO. Beer is a bit lighter than most IPA's but has a great hop aroma. Very well balanced and not quite as hoppy as most IPA's I have had. This may because I have been drinking Stone RIPA lately. Very good beer however as should be expected from Alaskan.

Old 03-31-2007, 05:39 PM   #14
pirate504
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Pictures for the Alaskan IPA deprived

I would tend to agree with what others have said about this brew somewhat lite for an IPA. This would a good beer to pass to a domestic beer drinker who may have never tried an IPA as a means to get them away from the mass marketed swill.

Quick Reply