Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Alabama vote.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #901
Huff360
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wailingguitar View Post
I have been on the email list for a long time, it's kind of bugged... I have maybe received 1/2 the email updates for news that has been posted. It has happened enough that I don't even consider the auto-emails as a source and just go directly to the site.
To not be a source of spam, there isn't that much that is sent out on the list. They do a pretty good job of only sending things that are really important. If you know that there are ones that have gone out that you missed, PM me your info and I'll pass that over to the folks that manage the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfish View Post
Or just drive traffic to the website and subscriptions to the newsletter.
Yeah, cause I get some benefit out of that. In fact, nobody gets any benefit out of that. Not even the legalization effort. There are no ads, no payments, no info sold to anyone, nothing.

Jesus Christ you kinda of folks make it miserable to do anything like this. If you want to "feel like you are out of the loop" and "like you're not informed about what is going on" as some people like to fuss about, then it's simple, hang out here and get your info through heresay. I simply made a recommendation that if you wanted to be in the first group of folks to know the latest info about the 2013 session and what was coming for the Bill, if you weren't on the e-mail list now would be a good time to get on there.

When all the details of the bit of info we heard are finalized, they will release the info. How long that takes I have no idea. It's the Legislature, nothing we can do.

If I were to say 'hey we heard this' and it turned out to not be true you are all the ones that would be screaming and hollering saying I was lying just to drive traffic to the website or some other crap like that.

It's simple, sign up if you choose, hang tight. Soon as the official release goes out we can all discuss what that means.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2012, 01:29 PM   #902
Huff360
Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubiecat View Post
We have had 1 arrest in Alabama for illegal home brewing and that was because his neighbors saw his gear and thought he had a meth lab. There is no evidence that he was even convicted for home brewing
It is my understanding that all charges were dropped. He is now the brewer at a brewpub in MGM.

Old 10-17-2012, 03:47 PM   #903
dford
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff360 View Post
I hear rumors that there is big news about to break.
IMHO If you did not have any intentions of telling what the rumors were , you should have never posted this.
Everyone's going to be curious and speculate about what's going on until they find out what the rumor is .

Life is a journey. Make sure and bring plenty of Beer.

IffyG Likes This 
Old 10-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #904
IffyG
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 60 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dford View Post
IMHO If you did not have any intentions of telling what the rumors were , you should have never posted this.
Everyone's going to be curious and speculate about what's going on until they find out what the rumor is .
That's exactly my line of thought...

Old 10-20-2012, 03:03 AM   #905
FTG-05
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dford View Post
Relax, its now out: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/alab...0/#post4515550

And: HB9 Ready To Go! http://www.alahomebrewing.org/news/hb9readytogo
posted an hour ago by Brant Warren
HB9 was prefiled by Rep. Mac McCutcheon for the 2013 Legislative Session that begins on February 5. The ALISON web site is not yet being updated to show prefiled House bills, but the bill is identical to the one that passed the House last year. The session will begin before you know it, so stay tuned and be ready help end the prohibition of Homebrewing in Alabama!

Old 10-20-2012, 05:19 AM   #906
agodfrey11
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTG-05

Relax, its now out: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/alab...0/#post4515550

And: HB9 Ready To Go! http://www.alahomebrewing.org/news/hb9readytogo
posted an hour ago by Brant Warren
HB9 was prefiled by Rep. Mac McCutcheon for the 2013 Legislative Session that begins on February 5. The ALISON web site is not yet being updated to show prefiled House bills, but the bill is identical to the one that passed the House last year. The session will begin before you know it, so stay tuned and be ready help end the prohibition of Homebrewing in Alabama!
Awesome. Lets hope it passes this year.
On Deck: Rye IPA, Jamil's British Bitter, Jamil's 60 Shilling

Old 10-20-2012, 12:24 PM   #907
thargrav
Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 2

There was a update from the site last night - as soon as there was something to report.

"HB9 was prefiled by Rep. Mac McCutcheon for the 2013 Legislative Session that begins on February 5. The ALISON web site is not yet being updated to show prefiled House bills, but the bill is identical to the one that passed the House last year. The session will begin before you know it, so stay tuned and be ready help end the prohibition of Homebrewing in Alabama!"

Old 10-25-2012, 04:06 PM   #908
Orthobrewsky
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 64 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 145

Speaking of very old, unenforced laws in Alabama, I noticed an interesting ballot initiative in a sample ballot mailed to me recently. One of the proposed amendments will repeal a section of a law from 1901 stipulating the segregation of schools by race. I predict it will pass by more than a 2 to 1 margin.

The times, they are a changing.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:19 PM   #909
pentachris
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orthobrewsky View Post
Speaking of very old, unenforced laws in Alabama, I noticed an interesting ballot initiative in a sample ballot mailed to me recently. One of the proposed amendments will repeal a section of a law from 1901 stipulating the segregation of schools by race. I predict it will pass by more than a 2 to 1 margin.

The times, they are a changing.
Similar amendments have failed in the past, and may fail this time as well.

http://goo.gl/jHO1H

Old 10-31-2012, 05:31 PM   #910
Orthobrewsky
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 64 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 145

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentachris View Post
Similar amendments have failed in the past, and may fail this time as well.

http://goo.gl/jHO1H
That's interesting. The amendment itself was not specific, so the ballot reader doesn't know exactly what is being changed. My prediction was based on the margin with which an amendment in 2000 passed to finally legalize interracial marriage. That was about 2 to 1 in favor.

It is strange how difficult it can be to repeal archaic laws in this state, as we all lament.

Quick Reply