*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Alabama vote.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2012, 01:36 AM   #41
aubiecat
Blake Owen
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 126 Times on 95 Posts
Likes Given: 40

The session starts at 9:00 am and the illegal alien bill comes up first so maybe they will get to ours.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2012, 02:55 AM   #42
homebrewdad
Recipes 

Liked 327 Times on 244 Posts
Likes Given: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubiecat View Post
The session starts at 9:00 am and the illegal alien bill comes up first so maybe they will get to ours.
Doubtful.

But we might get lucky...

Fermenting: nothing
Lagering: Swarthy Satyr (traditional bock)
Bottled: Royal Goblin (Hoppy Hobgoblin rendition), Treasure Type "T" (oatmeal toffee stout), Enchantress (big Irish red ale), Frostfire (Oktoberfest), Thundersmoke brown ale

Old 04-19-2012, 04:04 AM   #43
dford
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Some of our lawmakers in Alabama are an utter embarassment. Listening to that clip from last year makes you wonder how some of them got voted in. I'm just glad my representative in this area is 100% for homebrewing and hoping maybe we can finally get this thing passed once and for all.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:09 PM   #44
aubiecat
Blake Owen
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 126 Times on 95 Posts
Likes Given: 40

Even if it doesn't get a vote today it should get back on the calendar before the end of the session on May 21st.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #45
beergolf
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 374 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 118

Good Luck.

We are pulling for you to get out of the Dark Ages.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:23 PM   #46
fly-fisher
Recipes 

I have a question for those folks living in Alabama. Since it is legal to brew in Colorado, and the wife and I are headed to Alabama next month for a visit with family can I bring beer with me? We are looking at bringing two kegs in a custom keg serving cooler I am building. This beer is to celebrate a graduation for my nephew, and a wedding for my niece but will only be served at my brother in-laws house.

Thanks Dave

Old 04-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #47
kmos
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly-fisher View Post
I have a question for those folks living in Alabama. Since it is legal to brew in Colorado, and the wife and I are headed to Alabama next month for a visit with family can I bring beer with me? We are looking at bringing two kegs in a custom keg serving cooler I am building. This beer is to celebrate a graduation for my nephew, and a wedding for my niece but will only be served at my brother in-laws house.

Thanks Dave
Seems like it should be fine, right? You're not brewing in Alabama, just driving some beer across state lines.

Besides, if you get pulled over... That's just Pepsi Cola, sir, in these here Cornies.

Primary: Saison; German Black Ale;
Secondary: n/a
In the Barrel: English Mild;
Bottled/Kegged: Oud Bruin (ECY23); English Mild;
Up Next: Ordinary Bitter;

Old 04-19-2012, 04:07 PM   #48
dford
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:

Thanks Dave

Officially it's not legal to transport homebrew into Alabama but I don't think you'll have a problem unless you were pulled over and had a refrigerated truck full.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #49
homebrewdad
Recipes 

Liked 327 Times on 244 Posts
Likes Given: 230

Quote:

Thanks Dave
You're fine as long as you don't try to sell it.

Note that we have LHBS here. The law is not enforced in any capacity, as the odds of it standing up to an appellate challenge are next to none.

The problem with Alabama is twofold:

1. To get almost any law changed literally requires an amendment to our state constitution. Every year, we have a dozen (or more) amendments on the ballot that go down to trivial crap like town boundaries, rights for municipalities to impose taxes, etc. It is 40 times longer than the US constitution, and is easily the longest in the world. We badly need a rewrite, but nobody wants to uncover all of the rot that would come from such a task...

2. Alabama legislators are some of the most unqualified, corrupt, self serving thieves anywhere in any form of government. If a bill doesn't make money for a sufficient portion of the legislators (or does not have enough public outcry to endanger their jobs), it gets ignored of filibustered until it is dropped.

In short, the Alabama lawmaking process is a joke, and anyone with any modicum of civil understanding is appalled and/or ashamed of it.

Fermenting: nothing
Lagering: Swarthy Satyr (traditional bock)
Bottled: Royal Goblin (Hoppy Hobgoblin rendition), Treasure Type "T" (oatmeal toffee stout), Enchantress (big Irish red ale), Frostfire (Oktoberfest), Thundersmoke brown ale

Old 04-19-2012, 04:22 PM   #50
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2168 Times on 1550 Posts
Likes Given: 1195

I just wanted to say,

Good luck. We're all counting on you.

Quick Reply