The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Alabama...**sigh**

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2012, 06:59 PM   #101
Whattawort
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 98 Times on 84 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
I'm pretty sure everyone from Alabama who visits this site are only here for the awesome smoking meat and soapmaking threads.
Duh. Who gives a hoot about beer? We have white lightening!

Bottled - Swamp Water Mead
Kegged - Ryerish Red
Fermenting - Plinius Maior

“For a quart of Ale is a dish for a king.”
― William Shakespeare

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012, 09:29 PM   #102
BlackRock
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I'm definitely not saying I'd be vocal about brewing beer if that's where I lived. Just saying that's how I'd feel about it. I'd probably never actually tell anyone I knew that I brewed and would just quietly drink my beer and telling friends that an out of state buddy brewed up this sub 6% brew.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:02 PM   #103
MVKTR2
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebat138 View Post
So are we banning people from registering to this site that live in AL. :-) Such a weird event to happen to one store and not another
As a Mississippian I fully support the banning of all Alabamians from HBT! Translation: pot meet kettle.

Oddly enough there aren't any laws that I'm aware of in MS making brewing equipment illegal. However alcohol manufacturing without a license, etc. are plainly outlined in the MS code.

As for this happening to one store and not another, that's just the inefficiency of the state and it's enforcement apparatus. Besides we're all felons anyway, just read the law ... what's that? Oh it would take 3 lifetimes reading at a college level to read all the current US laws and the job would never be completed going on infinitum. Sort of sad, sort of amusing, wholly disgusting.

"Perhaps wisdom for me is understanding how truely small I am, and that there is no smug self centered moment of clarity when there is so much more to learn" Anthony Bourdain

JordanThomas Likes This 

Quick Reply