Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Alabama Homebrewer Arrested

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2013, 03:48 PM   #401
unionrdr
Wannabe author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2305 Times on 2006 Posts
Likes Given: 1717

It's cool that he at least got a great job out of all this BS of an excuse to mess with folks. I think he shoud get help putting this to rest.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2013, 04:12 PM   #402
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 3732 Times on 2295 Posts
Likes Given: 3231

Quote:
Originally Posted by unionrdr View Post
It's cool that he at least got a great job out of all this BS of an excuse to mess with folks. I think he shoud get help putting this to rest.
Great job? Maybe, but if I read the article correctly, he has a degree in law. Seems that after the investment in time and money to get that degree, he could have done better than asst. brewer somewhere. But he's clearly chasing his dreams, so good for him I guess. OT I know, but I wonder why people spend so much time getting a degree only to do something completely unrelated.

Old 03-15-2013, 05:14 PM   #403
unionrdr
Wannabe author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2305 Times on 2006 Posts
Likes Given: 1717

Good point to ponder. I wonder what he was doing previously?

Old 03-15-2013, 06:02 PM   #404
Hermit
Recipes 

Liked 67 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn View Post
Great job? Maybe, but if I read the article correctly, he has a degree in law. Seems that after the investment in time and money to get that degree, he could have done better than asst. brewer somewhere. But he's clearly chasing his dreams, so good for him I guess. OT I know, but I wonder why people spend so much time getting a degree only to do something completely unrelated.
I was an appliance repairman for GE. They paid for me to go to school. I spent lots of their money on a degree. I would have taken a pay cut to go elsewhere and start over.

Old 03-15-2013, 07:29 PM   #405
IffyG
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 60 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn View Post
I'm getting a PhD in Neuroscience within the next year or so. I can tell you unequivocally that I will not be getting a job that utilizes the PhD in any way shape or form. The problem is the idea a career (law/medicine/research) that applies an advanced degree is often completely different than the reality. Unfortunately, most people don't make the realization until late in their schooling and finish it out anyways. Of those people that do finish, many end up getting a job that they despise so they can feel like they are making something out of all the time they invested in it. Few people are willing to walk away from it entirely and start over in their late 20s and beyond...

Old 03-30-2013, 10:03 PM   #406
MVKTR2
Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 25

I suppose this is the final chapter in this saga:
http://blog.al.com/wire/2013/03/blou...er_was_ac.html

May I say this DA and the enforcement class she works with like many before them are immoral liars, people whom value their power more than the truth.

Here's a quote from this piece of 'work' and an exert from the article:
"He wasn’t making beer. He was making whiskey and white lightning,” she said.

See update below for Miller's response.

Casey pointed out that, in addition to the alleged still, deputies seized a half dozen military-style rifles and a pistol from the residence as well. “If he were just home brewing, what would he need all those guns for?”

Of course a reader posted a link to a picture of the equipment, you know the one we all mocked because of the smug sheriff standing over his and his henchmen's handy work. Yes these liberty hating pro-statist will stop at nothing.

They seized his guns, brewing equipment (stainless steal conical, pots, etc), and even took his wife's kitchen aid mixer. Why? Simply because it's profitable to do so under asset forfeiture laws which allow such confiscation of private property which is then sold off and the profits spent without oversight on new toys for various police forces. On this note there's a Dr. in south MS who's suing for almost 55 million over his maltreatment where a similar no-good department took 50+ prime acres and bragged about turning it into their country club even having pictures of the property on the wall with parts drawn in showing where they would install a driving range, shooting range, etc. Disgusting statist, the lot of em!

"Perhaps wisdom for me is understanding how truely small I am, and that there is no smug self centered moment of clarity when there is so much more to learn" Anthony Bourdain

Scooby_Brew Likes This 

Quick Reply