Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Alabama Homebrew Legalization

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #241
aubiecat
Blake Owen
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 125 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 39

The bums wasted half a day arguing over another bill that everyone knows isn't going to pass.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #242
Orthobrewsky
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 61 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Default Good news

I just got the following message from Rep. Mike Hubbard's office:

Dear Constituent:

Thank you for your e-mail to the Office of Speaker Mike Hubbard regarding your support for House Bill 354.

We are pleased to report that House Bill 354 was passed out of the House of Representatives by a vote of 44-33 today, and Speaker Hubbard voted in favor of the bill. HB 354 now goes to the Senate for consideration.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact Speaker Mike Hubbard's office. We encourage you to remain engaged in the legislative process and in issues that affect our state.

Sincerely,

Boone Kinard
Policy Analyst
Office of Speaker Mike Hubbard

Old 04-26-2012, 09:44 PM   #243
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 607 Times on 376 Posts
Likes Given: 54

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/alabama-vote-311052/

Old 04-27-2012, 07:26 AM   #244
dinnerstick
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 225 Times on 170 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orthobrewsky View Post
We are pleased to report that House Bill 354 was passed out of the House of Representatives by a vote of 44-33 today, and Speaker Hubbard voted in favor of the bill. HB 354 now goes to the Senate for consideration.
sorry i tried to find the answer in the thread but it got too long with updates, can someone provide a cliffs notes of what has happened? what will the passed bill legalize and what are the chances of getting it through the senate? good luck

Old 04-27-2012, 01:39 PM   #245
Sithdad
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 4

http://www.wtvm.com/story/17797798/a...w-home-brewing

I like the comment that it would be a bad influence on kids in the homes were beer/wine were made. I am of the opinion that if we educate our children about the proper use of alcohol they won't be so inclined to start drinking at a young age. I knew where all of the alcohol was in my parents house and never had a desire to touch it. My mom even told me, "If you want to try something let us know and we'll give it to you here. Where you are safe and there's no need to have to drive afterwards".

Congrats Alabama. One step closer.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:47 PM   #246
CGVT
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 374 Times on 246 Posts
Likes Given: 265

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinnerstick View Post
sorry i tried to find the answer in the thread but it got too long with updates, can someone provide a cliffs notes of what has happened? what will the passed bill legalize and what are the chances of getting it through the senate? good luck
I listened to the afternoon session. It was pretty frustrating but was typical politics.

There were enough reps that were going to vote for the bill to pass it, but the antis tried to filibuster buy presenting stupid amendments. McCutcheon would ask if they would vote for the bill if the amendment was passed, they would say no. Amendment would be tabled and voted on. This happened three times before the bill finally went to vote and was passed.

We were painted as alcoholics, child abusers, and overall bad people.

If you have some time, go to the Alabam Vote thread, there is a running commentary...

There are some real dumbasses in the Alabama house...

"Filled with mingled cream and amber I will drain that glass again. Such hilarious visions clamber through the chambers of my brain--Quaintest thoughts--queerest fancies come to life and fade away; Who cares how time advances? I am drinking ale today"-Edgar Alan Poe

My Keezer build: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/keezer-i-guess-its-my-turn-340755/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTanium View Post
Do what you like, brew what you like. Don't be a tool.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #247
Orthobrewsky
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 61 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithdad View Post
http://www.wtvm.com/story/17797798/a...w-home-brewing

I like the comment that it would be a bad influence on kids in the homes were beer/wine were made. I am of the opinion that if we educate our children about the proper use of alcohol they won't be so inclined to start drinking at a young age. I knew where all of the alcohol was in my parents house and never had a desire to touch it. My mom even told me, "If you want to try something let us know and we'll give it to you here. Where you are safe and there's no need to have to drive afterwards".

Congrats Alabama. One step closer.
I wonder why they think that crappy beer and cheap booze would be a better influence on the kids. If it's about alcohol, it's cheaper and much easier to get some without brewing it yourself. Also, does anyone think there will be a lot more home brewing when it is legal?

Old 04-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #248
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2113 Times on 1516 Posts
Likes Given: 1158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orthobrewsky View Post
I wonder why they think that crappy beer and cheap booze would be a better influence on the kids. If it's about alcohol, it's cheaper and much easier to get some without brewing it yourself. Also, does anyone think there will be a lot more home brewing when it is legal?
Absolutely. There are likely to be a LOT more simply due to the fact that a lot of people won't do something illegal to being with.

Then add in the fact that people will be able to safely advertise their hobby with others without risk of prosecution.

Quick Reply