Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > AHS shipping now $6.99?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2007, 08:04 PM   #1
Beerrific
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default AHS shipping now $6.99?

Looks like they have increased their flat rate shipping price. It still says $5.99 on the front page but when you look in your cart it says $6.99. I guess the increased UPS prices have caught up to them.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2007, 08:07 PM   #2
Funkenjaeger

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerrific
Looks like they have increased their flat rate shipping price. It still says $5.99 on the front page but when you look in your cart it says $6.99. I guess the increased UPS prices have caught up to them.
and Northern Brewer's competitive little promotional $5.99 flat rate shipping (which was scheduled to end yesterday) has been extended for the rest of the year, but they also quietly raised the cost to $7.99.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:15 PM   #3
TheJadedDog
AFK ATM
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Well, we can't expect them to eat all of the shipping costs; one of the number one cost factors for many businesses.

On Tap: Nadda
Primary: Nadda
Planning: Extra Special Bitter

Old 10-16-2007, 08:20 PM   #4
Evan!

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Just another dollar in their column when I do my price comps, I guess. Listermann.com still offers free shipping on orders over $35 to east of the Mississippi. That's the first place I look. But their selection is odd, and sometimes they don't have standard items, so I turn elsewhere.

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 10-16-2007, 08:28 PM   #5
jezter6
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan!
Just another dollar in their column when I do my price comps, I guess. Listermann.com still offers free shipping on orders over $35 to east of the Mississippi. That's the first place I look. But their selection is odd, and sometimes they don't have standard items, so I turn elsewhere.
Jeesus, that listermann site is fricking expensive. A 50# bag of base malt costs more than my LHBS charges me for it buying by the pound. Although the free shipping helps, I wonder how much they'll still ship for free?

If I bought 5 bags of malt, I might break even on buying it somewhere else + shipping, but I doubt they'd ship 5 bags of 50# malt for nothin...

Old 10-16-2007, 08:32 PM   #6
Evan!

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezter6
Jeesus, that listermann site is fricking expensive. A 50# bag of base malt costs more than my LHBS charges me for it buying by the pound. Although the free shipping helps, I wonder how much they'll still ship for free?

If I bought 5 bags of malt, I might break even on buying it somewhere else + shipping, but I doubt they'd ship 5 bags of 50# malt for nothin...
Yeah, some of the stuff is expensive...but they have bulk LME for $2.10/lb, which I usually partake of (though, less and less these days, which I guess is why it's been awhile since I ordered from them).

Yes, the free shipping always helps, but as I said, I do comps every time that figure in shipping costs. Sometimes listermann is on top because of the free shipping, sometimes their high prices cancel it out and I go with someone else. Like for bulk grain I usually go with Midwest.

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 10-16-2007, 08:36 PM   #7
jdd120
Recipes 

I just bought some more Apfelwein equipment yesterday, and am sure they charged me 5.99

Quick Reply