Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > AHB Clones vs LHBS Clones which is better? I have had better results with...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2011, 06:23 PM   #1
JLW
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default AHB Clones vs LHBS Clones which is better? I have had better results with...

the clone recipes from Austin Home Brew than with my LHBS. Curious if any of you have had similar experience/results?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2011, 02:22 AM   #2
erikpete18
Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 30 Posts

I can't say clones for sure since my LHBS doesn't do clone kits, but I've had much better luck with AHB kits in general than LHBS kits. My LHBS has kits pre-made and I always wondered how long they'd been sitting on the shelf waiting for someone to buy them. Not sure if AHB makes them up to order, if they just do more business so they go through them quicker, or if they're just better at putting them together, but its hard to go wrong with any of the AHB kits I've tried.

Plus, with free shipping at $100 it gives you an excuse to buy a couple or pick up a few toys while you're at it

Old 02-27-2011, 01:31 PM   #3
Pearlsnappro
Recipes 

I have been to the actual AHS store. I got the feeling that everything is very fresh. They put every kit together after you order so nothing is pre made. I am on my second kit from them and have had good results.

Old 02-27-2011, 02:00 PM   #4
JLW
Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Don't get me wrong I like going to my LHBS but when I take an ingredients list to them for a clone beer it just doesn't seem to turn out quite right. I am planning on doing a Hopslam clone or another Avery Maharaja clone soon and I think i am going to order my clone from AHS. Last year I did a partial mash Maharaja clone and it turned out to be one of my best beers. I actually had a homebrewer friend offer to buy one off of me.

Quick Reply