Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Additions to secondary

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2011, 07:48 PM   #1
ComcastWineRookie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Default Additions to secondary

Any help would be great. I have a Cream stout that has been in the primary, thinking of adding espresso to it, and from my understanding, I should brew it as I was gonna drink it, add it to the secondary, siphon from the primary and let sit for 1 week. Well, How much brewed espresso should i shoot for? any thoughts on infusing the espresso with maybe a vanilla bean or maybe some hazelnut flavor? Thanks for your help in advance.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2011, 09:22 PM   #2
Dome555
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Mmmmm hazelnut. I was thinking of doing this soon as I'm still working from kits and there doesn't seem to be much out there for coffee stouts. There's a few threads with some good info if you search coffee in the secondary but there's so many and so much varying advice. Sounds like cold steeping the coffee is the way to go? maybe? maybe not?

I hate to add questions to someone else's thread, especially without having answers to any of the ones already provide. But assuming comcast doesn't mind the slight hijack/addition, information regarding how long the various methods of adding coffee end up needing to mellow out would be greatly appreciated.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply