Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Adding water to beer after lagering period.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2010, 11:49 PM   #1
Kerberbb
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Adding water to beer after lagering period.

I have a light lager I brewed in the begining of January. It has a high OG and low FG, making it a big beer. However being as this was my first lager, I have lost some final product due to fermentation/lagering, etc... My question is can I add water to get my volume up to say 5 gallons? I am sure this would affect FG, but would it be better to do this say a couple weeks before bottling during the lagering phase or would you wait until bottling?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2010, 11:56 PM   #2
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4474 Times on 3255 Posts
Likes Given: 870

I'd go by taste and the gravity readings. But if I tasted the beer and thought to myself, "This beer would be better if watered down a little", I'd add the water at bottling. What I would do is just use more water in my priming solution, and boil that, then put it in my bottling bucket.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply