AB Inbev employee does AMA "Ask Me Anything" Great read!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

two_hearted

Reaction score
Who is a bigger threat to AB-Inbev's bottom line - Craft Breweries or Spirits/Cocktails?

[–]ABInBevAMA 39 points 1 day ago
I don't think (and now this is just pure opinion) that Craft Brewers are seen as threats. When I have been present at discussions where people high up the corporate ladder are discussing such things, the general sentiment is that they love the fact that the craft beer movement is revitalizing America's interest in beer (in contrast to say, Germany, where the current generation is drinking less beer than the previous).
As far as actual numbers? Definitely spirits/cocktails, which is why you see products like Lime-a-rita coming out right now; that is not targeted at craft beer drinkers. That's not to say that it might look different in 5 or 10 years.

Lime-a-rita eh?

This is a great read indeed and makes me question my blind hate for Inbev. I guess I shoudln't hate, but I will always support local and small quality first.

I like that he mostly brews on an 8BBL pilot system and they get to drink most of it when done. Seems like a cool job.

Back