New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > 90 min clone

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2009, 02:13 AM   #1
danorocks17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 42 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Default 90 min clone

Yesterday I decided to transfer my 90 min clone from primary to secondary. It had been in the primary for about 4 weeks and I dry hopped the first 5-6 days, so I was excited to see how it was coming along. I always secondary my beers so when I take a sample for a hydro reading I usually just drink it instead of putting it back in the fermenter. Usually I can get a decent idea of how a beer will turn out with this sample but of course it isn't as flavorful or mature. I mainly use it as a way to check for contamination.

But this sample was.....wow! I could have drank it as is right away. It had such a great flavor. lots of hop and bitterness, but at the same time a very malty, sweet backbone, just like i would have expected from a DFH beer.

Needless to say i'm am super stoked about how welll this beer is going to come out once it's all said and done. I plan on letting this one sit a while before cracking into it.

"blessing of your heart, you brew a good ale"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2009, 03:13 AM   #2
Suthrncomfrt1884
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 3

congrats! you should post your recipe.

Another HERMS rig...

Old 12-17-2009, 11:39 AM   #3
danorocks17
Recipes 

Liked 42 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 62

actually it's the recipe from Brew Your Own. I'll try to post it later though, they dont really go into dry hopping schedule, so I did my own thing there

"blessing of your heart, you brew a good ale"

Quick Reply