Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > 8 batches and I still can't shake this off flavor...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2010, 04:50 PM   #91
EvilBrewer
Begak!!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TH- View Post
Can you give me an example recipe?
Also, what kind of water are you using? Do you have a water analysis?
I use grocery store spring water or drinking water. Usually a combination of both depending on how much they have at the time.

I don't have a recipe on hand (at work right now!). Any downside to using the water I've mentioned? It's like I said though...this problem only seems to occur when using 1056/001 yeast with Cascade and/or Centennial hops.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2010, 06:29 PM   #92
-TH-
Recipes 

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilBrewer View Post
I use grocery store spring water or drinking water. Usually a combination of both depending on how much they have at the time.

I don't have a recipe on hand (at work right now!). Any downside to using the water I've mentioned? It's like I said though...this problem only seems to occur when using 1056/001 yeast with Cascade and/or Centennial hops.
I would suggest starting a new thread asking for help. I don't mind discussing it here but I'm thinking it would be better for your sake to thow it out there where others can see it. It's a wierd enough problem that you're bound to grab someone's attention who can help.

Builds, etc: E-Brewery | Pneumatic Bottle Capper | Fermentation Chamber | Stirplate | Bottle Cabinet
Water Spreadsheet: www.EZWaterCalculator.com

Old 02-18-2010, 06:58 PM   #93
EvilBrewer
Begak!!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TH- View Post
I would suggest starting a new thread asking for help. I don't mind discussing it here but I'm thinking it would be better for your sake to thow it out there where others can see it. It's a wierd enough problem that you're bound to grab someone's attention who can help.
I hear ya...good advice. thanks.

Quick Reply