5 gallons down the drain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4nabas

Reaction score
Went to adjust the gas on a keg that I had started carbonating yesterday. Found my kegarator full of beer. Dissappointed to say the least.:smack:

Sorry to hear.

Every time I hear horror stories like this I remember that bottling isn't so bad after all! I've lost 12oz once to a bottle bomb. That was it.

Hello said:
So you over carbonated and it basically leaked everywhere?

I'm sure the keg had developed a leak at some point to release all his beer. You can over carb the tar out of beer but keep it contained in the keg, provided it's not leaking!
Cheers

leaked out through the top of the beer line connector that goes on the post. No idea why I had even hooked it up. Was carbing like I have ever other time.

leaked out through the top of the beer line connector that goes on the post. No idea why I had even hooked it up. Was carbing like I have ever other time.

I can imagine myself acting out of habit and doing the same. Very sorry to hear about your tragic loss.:(

Sorry to hear. I once emptied 5 gallons through a picnic tap pinched between a keg and the lid of my freezer. It was a tough pill to swallow, only had 2 pints off of it. Life goes on! Edit: autocorrect fail.

Ugh no one likes to hear a tale of woe like that. It's worse that it was sooo close to being drinkable too. I've had a 100% failure mishap at the very beginning, when I was boiling wort, but not in any of the later stages. My condolences.

Oh man.... I feel for your loss. I recently lost a loved one too, except in my case it was due to a cobra tap. 5 gallons of glorious double ipa all gone :(

Sorry to hear. I once emptied 5 gallons through a picnic tap pinched between a keg and the lid of my freezer. It was a tough pill to swallow, only had 2 pints off of it. Life goes on! Edit: autocorrect fail.

Dude, exact same thing happened to me 3 days ago.....never again will I get complacent with those damn things!!

CrystalShip said:
Dude, exact same thing happened to me 3 days ago.....never again will I get complacent with those damn things!!

Yetiattack's sacrifice is not in vain if one of us is a little more careful next time.

Back