Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Is 30 yr old beer going to be any good?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2012, 03:23 AM   #21
gbx
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 68 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbeavk View Post
Well I made a hell of a trip over to Perry Hall, Md in rush hour traffic and picked up the collection. Here's a link to the pics http://s1108.photobucket.com/albums/h405/Beerme1/

There may be a couple I would like to try but with all the stuff in the bottom of the bottles on some of them I think I'll pass. I personally don't think is was a great deal and the guy was really lets say a character to say the least. Anyway if anyone wants some for their collection let me know. there were 94 bottles and I have over 2hrs of round trip travel plus $75 invested. If there is interest we can take it to the classified section.
There are definitely some great beers in there. some don't look that old (the mousehead lager looks like a long neck not a stubby and the sam smith look identical to the ones they still sell today) but others look awesome - mackeson, young, mcewan, courage, old peculier, beamish...even the old london pride might be interesting (probably from the 80's when they still used maize, invert and caramel colouring). I'm only familiar with the canadian and uk, there could be some great german beers in there too.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #22
patto1ro
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Yeah, that's our own Mbowenz who I mentioned in my previous post.
And me! I was there, too.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:58 PM   #23
Bigbeavk
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by RmikeVT View Post
I live in Baltimore, I will drive to Fredrick to try the Sammy smith, Newcastle and Harp. Ill bring some homebrew with me. We can party.

Sounds good to me! Let me know when you want to do this and I'll put a few in the fridge.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply