*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > 3+ weeks and still active fermentation

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2009, 07:19 AM   #1
Korben
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default 3+ weeks and still active fermentation

So, my brown is going on and it does the whole 3-5 day crazy bubbling and then dies down.. The next week it stopped and i was thinking well just let the yeasties do their job and clean the brew up. I thought i would see a lil bubble every now and then. But, this week I just did a lil test and saw the cup was riding a little high. So, I squeezed the fermenter just a bit to release the pressure and drop the cap.. Then a few hour later it has raised back up meaning more gas production. Is this normal? Hope that was clear... I am a lil drug drunk from study infectious disease.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2009, 08:05 AM   #2
SkylerChaBro
Recipes 

I currently have a brew that is -3 days from being in the primary for a full month. Not just is the cap still riding high, it's still bubbling here and there. Sometimes it just depends on the yeast, ingredients, and range of temperatures your primary is exposed to.

Like the rest will say, you can only tell when it's done by checking for changes in gravity over a period of three days.

Old 01-27-2009, 12:47 PM   #3
PseudoChef

Recipes 

Liked 102 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 39

More than likely, it's just excess CO2 coming back out of solution.

Quick Reply