Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > 1st lager
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2013, 04:02 AM   #1
JLem
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Attleboro, MA
Posts: 3,641
Liked 169 Times on 149 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default 1st lager

2 minutes left in the boil of my first ever lager...



that is all

JLem is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2013, 04:09 AM   #2
Broham1
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Broham1's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 310
Liked 36 Times on 29 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLem
2 minutes left in the boil of my first ever lager...



that is all
My buddy just left after transferring our first lagers into kegs, then back in the Ferm chamber for lagering. So tasty! We did a split batch: 10 gals of the same grain bill, then split for 5 gals each of German Pils and BoPils. So glad the first attempt went so well.
__________________
Broham1 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2013, 04:17 AM   #3
JLem
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Attleboro, MA
Posts: 3,641
Liked 169 Times on 149 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broham1 View Post
My buddy just left after transferring our first lagers into kegs, then back in the Ferm chamber for lagering. So tasty! We did a split batch: 10 gals of the same grain bill, then split for 5 gals each of German Pils and BoPils. So glad the first attempt went so well.
Nice...mine's a German Pils...immersion chiller working on it now.

98% Pilsener malt
2% acid malt (for mash pH)
New Zealand Hallautau hops - FWH, 60 min, 15 min, and 1 min
going to pitch a starter of WLP833

I even did a protein rest and a single decoction to get to mash out...totally geeked out on this one
JLem is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2013, 05:05 AM   #4
Broham1
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Broham1's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 310
Liked 36 Times on 29 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLem

Nice...mine's a German Pils...immersion chiller working on it now.

98% Pilsener malt
2% acid malt (for mash pH)
New Zealand Hallautau hops - FWH, 60 min, 15 min, and 1 min
going to pitch a starter of WLP833

I even did a protein rest and a single decoction to get to mash out...totally geeked out on this one
I'll say!

Ours was 94% Pilsner and 6% Carapils. Czech Saaz at 60, 30, 10, 0.
Single infusion at 154 and pitched 2278. The German, I'm not sure what hops or yeast. That was my buddy's dept.
__________________
Broham1 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dos Equis Amber Lager (Mexican vs. Bohemian Lager Yeast selection) jgoodloe Fermentation & Yeast 5 01-22-2014 01:51 PM
Lager Pitching Temp: Can we settle this lager debate? mdf191 General Techniques 32 11-02-2011 09:21 PM
Dos Equis Lager clone (Off Paper Lager) HackInBlack Recipes/Ingredients 4 11-09-2010 04:53 PM
Fast primary for Extract Lager. Treat it like a Lager or an ALE now? Recluse Extract Brewing 0 02-28-2010 06:05 PM
What to do after lager?Making a Oktoberfest Lager using White Labs Octoberfest(WLP820 Evstakiev Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 1 07-20-2009 01:43 AM



Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS