Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > 15 year old Mr Beer Kit (Youtube)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #21
Premnasbiaculeatus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsBrewery View Post
You can tell he wanted to enjoy it so bad... all his hard work and creativity and attention to detail was manifested into that one glass, and his mind could not accept what his mouth was telling him - total, utter failure.
I couldn't have described the feeling any better.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:48 PM   #22
45_70sharps
Recipes 

Liked 172 Times on 141 Posts
Likes Given: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premnasbiaculeatus
Just so you guys know, I ended up drinking that entire batch. It wasn't contaminated in anyway, just had a completely bizarre flavor reminiscent of bread and parmesean cheese. I got used to it after the first couple pints, I just had to think of it as some weird beverage other than beer while I was drinking it.
I have to give you credit for sticking it out.
I'm pretty sure I would have dumped it.

Starting with a 15 year old batch of ingredients there was no hope of getting something to taste good.

I'll bet when you made another batch blew your mind though.
It would've had to of been so much better that you probably didn't expect it.

Let's see if I keep this updated!

On tap
Black Butte clone

In secondary
Pumpkin ale

In primary
Honey wit

Up next.. Firestone Union Jack clone

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 06:06 PM   #23
neosapien
Recipes 

Liked 140 Times on 99 Posts
Likes Given: 395

i have not laughed this hard at the youtubes in longer than i can remember. thanks for making this video and sharing it. pure comedy gold. absolute roflcopters and lollerskates.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:12 PM   #24
Premnasbiaculeatus
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by neosapien View Post
i have not laughed this hard at the youtubes in longer than i can remember. thanks for making this video and sharing it. pure comedy gold. absolute roflcopters and lollerskates.
My pleasure, it really takes a homebrewer to laugh at this. The majority of non brewers who watch it find it long and boring. But the experienced brewer knows within the first couple minutes of hearing me talk, that they're in store for an epic beer fail. Personally I cringe listening to that past version of myself eagerly talk about Dry coconutting, and 15 yearold LME... But it is pretty funny watching me drink it. You can tell I want to like it so bad, but sip after sip it doesn't get any better.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:06 PM   #25
F250
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 82

I first watched this video about a month ago and I laughed till I had tears streaming down my face. My wife thought I was going to hurt myself.

But I'm impressed you stuck it out and continued brewing.

Rick

Old 11-17-2012, 07:56 PM   #26
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Liked 791 Times on 539 Posts
Likes Given: 389

I am laughing so hard, the tears are streaming! That video is hilarious!!! I was yelling at my screen, "don't drink it!!! don't drink it!@@" but he did, and the look on his face was priceless. The baker's yeast and coconut got me the most and the way he was so serious about it!

Ah, we all start somewhere but I didn't start there.. vintage 1996... Still laughing so hard at the video! I guess my expired in 2011 ingredients don't seem so bad but maybe I'll just do a 2 gallon batch using one of my old mr beer fermenters and hope for the best!

Old 11-18-2012, 02:18 AM   #27
andvari7
Recipes 

Liked 49 Times on 37 Posts

I use the breadstick line in my TalkBass sig, and that line alone kept me in stitches for hours.

Old 11-18-2012, 06:46 PM   #28
MMJfan
Recipes 

Liked 53 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 45

I love how, after he goes on about how awful his beer is, he then starts to warm to it saying it is something he could get used to. Then he took another drink and was like, I don't know what I'm thinking and proceeds to talk about making a video of him in the hospital or puking from drinking his beer.

That video was classic!

Old 11-19-2012, 05:13 AM   #29
highgravitybacon
Recipes 

Liked 205 Times on 144 Posts
Likes Given: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premnasbiaculeatus

My pleasure, it really takes a homebrewer to laugh at this. The majority of non brewers who watch it find it long and boring. But the experienced brewer knows within the first couple minutes of hearing me talk, that they're in store for an epic beer fail. Personally I cringe listening to that past version of myself eagerly talk about Dry coconutting, and 15 yearold LME... But it is pretty funny watching me drink it. You can tell I want to like it so bad, but sip after sip it doesn't get any better.
The term you're thinking of is "dry nutting."
Old 11-19-2012, 06:41 AM   #30
rgontasz
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I loved watching these two videos. I am impressed that this guy stuck it out and continued to brew! How awesome is that! Hopefully, he now adds his yeast at a much lower temp than 86F, but I digress. If everyone had balls as big as Premnasbiaculeatus (God, I hate how long your username is) we would have more homebrewer's in this world! Brew on brother, brew on!!!!

Quick Reply