Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > 15 minutes extract, flooding, quick beer...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2013, 09:44 PM   #1
stevedasleeve
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 42 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default 15 minutes extract, flooding, quick beer...

I figured I would cover three topics in one post!

1. I have been doing all grain for zillions of years, but since getting a 3 gallon keg I decided to do a quick extract batch. I am planning on using one half of a packet of dry yeast rather than making a starter, has anyone done this?

2. I am sure someone has done this but my day started with my forgetting I was filling my carboy with water to clean it out and of course I managed to completely forget about it for 10 minutes, meanwhile it was flooding the basement!

3. Also I kegged a new rye ale, force carbonated it which is unusual for me since I usually have tons of beer and am not terribly impatient about getting the next one ready, and after five minutes of rocking the keg around at 50 psi and then putting it on tap, It is ready and tastes fantastic! What a concept!!

Steve da sleeve

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2013, 09:52 PM   #2
C-Rider
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 128 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 321

I do 2 gallon batches and use the whole yeast pack most of the time since you really can't save it. Just use a blow off tube.

Kaiser Ridge Brewing
-------------------------
Fermenting: Wai`anae Summer Ale
(N.English Brown)
Bottled in the refer: Maui Wowie(RobustCoffeePorter)
Bottled in the refer: Malahine Ale (Am Pale)
Bottled in the refer:
Bottled in the refer: GermanImperialStout
Bottled in the refer:
Bottled in the refer:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply