We have 12 brewers at this time. If you are interested in being a back up brewer, just let us know by replying to the thread.
I haven't seen a thread go up this year, and I was bummed I didn't get to participate last year, so I'm going to volunteer to organize this years 12 Beers of Christmas .
Here's the concept for any new comers:
- 12 different brewers will brew one of the 12 beers of Christmas found in Randy's Mosher's Radical Brewing.
- Each brewer sends out three 12oz bottles of their beer to the 11 other brewers (33 bottles sent out in total) and receives 3 bottles of each recipe in return - that's 12 different beers for you to try around Christmas time!
We're a little behind this year compared to the previous year's threads, so I'd like to get enough brewers as soon as possible as some of these are big beers that need some time to age. Juniper Rye Bock requires lagering, so we will need a lager-capable brewer to jump in on that one!
If you need the recipe for anything, I can send it to you via PM.Shipping:
- As mentioned in last year's thread, it will cost you some money to send out 11 packages UPS/Fedex (You aren't suppose to use USPS*), so keep that in mind. You're looking at about $120 in shipping (but you're getting 33 fancy Christmas beers!).
- All brewers will need to be located inside the U.S.
- If you can accept packages at a business address, that will save your fellow brewers some money.
- We will plan to ship out beers after Thanksgiving so that they arrive before the holiday rush.
*But brewers have used flat rate boxes in previous exchanges. Your call!Choosing What You Want to Brew:
- We'll use the same system as last year: first come first serve.
- Reply to this thread if you're interested and let us know which beer you want to brew.
- As beers are claimed, I will update this post with the brewer's name next to their selection.
Here is the list of Beers. I'm going to throw down for the Spiced Bourbon Stout:
1) Caramel Quadrupel (NuclearRich
2) Spiced Cherry Dubbel (gavball6
3) Spiced Dunkel Weizenbock (bobdozer
4) Juniper Rye Bock - Requires Lagering
5) Fruitcake Old Ale (jgourd
6) Saffron Tripel (pheboglobi
7) Christmas Gruit (stblindtiger
8) Honey Ginger IPA (FermentedTed
9) Crabapple Lambicky Ale (obscurebrewing
10) Gingerbread Ale (jjefrey
11) Spiced Bourbon Stout (DanBrewTan
12) Abbey Weizen (Stovetop535
- You will need to bottle most of your batch to get the 33 bottles that you need to send out.
- You should bottle in late October at the latest. The bigger beers will benefit from getting bottled earlier so that they have time to bottle condition.
I'm very excited, and I hope we can pull together 11 more brewers to participate.
For record keeping, here's the post from 2012:http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/12-b...2012-a-331431/
And from 2011:http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/do-y...istmas-253676/
EDIT: Added lagering and shipping notes (thanks biochemedic)