Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > 12 Beers of Christmas 2012!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2012, 02:35 AM   #21
sfrisby
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 11 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 230 Times on 156 Posts

I have a gingerbread recipe which I am brewing regardless, I can use for the group if interested, but was searching for Mosher's actual recipe and came across this list that I thought everyone might find interesting to read.

http://allaboutbeer.com/learn-beer/home-brewing/brewing-instructions/2002/01/twelve-beers-of-christmas/

How particular does everyone feel about the actual recipe? I have a Gingerbread porter that I have done for a few years that has positive reviews if I can't find the real deal.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2012, 06:08 AM   #22
Draygon
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Ill do the spiced bourbon stout

Primary:Empty
Secondary: Amber Ale
Bottled: B2 Amber, Scottish Ale, Honey B Ale, Cherry Stout, Bourbon Vanilla Porter, Double Chocolate (Milk) Stout, B2 Cream Ale, Amber Cider, Maple syrup dark ale, Pirate Strong Ale, Midas touch clone, Spiced Imperial Stout, Olde Ale

Planned: Milk Stout, Barley Wine

Old 05-30-2012, 06:31 AM   #23
SavoryChef
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 97 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfrisby
I have a gingerbread recipe which I am brewing regardless, I can use for the group if interested, but was searching for Mosher's actual recipe and came across this list.

http://allaboutbeer.com/learn-beer/home-brewing/brewing-instructions/2002/01/twelve-beers-of-christmas/

How particular does everyone feel about the actual recipe? I have a Gingerbread porter that I have done for a few years that has positive reviews if I can't find the real deal.
Im not in charge here, but seems tasty.

My Cellar http://www.cellarhq.com/cellar/Savorychef

Untappd: Savorychef

Old 05-30-2012, 06:57 AM   #24
biochemedic
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 77 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfrisby View Post
I have a gingerbread recipe which I am brewing regardless, I can use for the group if interested, but was searching for Mosher's actual recipe and came across this list.

That link is pretty interesting! It looks like it is an earlier version of the 12 beers list...There are a few variations/deviations in this article compared to the list in the book (which is what I have posted at the beginning of the thread)... I have to say, the pumpkin barleywine is something I could consider brewing in the future!

For those who weren't following last year's project closely, we did have a couple of "substitutes" or variations added in for various logistic reasons, so we can certainly do that again if necessary...

Spencer, I will PM you the actual recipe from the book in the next day or so, and you can decide what you want to do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavoryChef View Post
Im not in charge here, but seems tasty.
It's a democracy, and I'm just organizing things...if we need to make some changes or substitutions, as I noted above, we can certainly do that...
Secondary: Why do I keep this line here...?
Bulk Aging: Cocobochet
Planned: Hop Metheglin #3 (NZ hops), Trad. Gesho T'ej

Old 05-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #25
ktblunden
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 250 Times on 159 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Would love to participate, but with a kid on the way in a couple months I'm guessing money is going to be extra tight by December. Very cool project, though.

And I'm inspired to make my own Spiced Bourbon Stout to distribute to friends and family for the holidays.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:39 PM   #26
Clanchief
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I would love to get involved and try to be a part of this. I'll try the Crabapple Lambicky Ale. I don't have the book or recipe, so if could send that to me, it would be great. I was planning on brewing some sort of lambic this summer anyways, so this works out perfectly for that.

Primary 3 - Wax's California Common
Drinking - Way too many different beers to list...

Old 05-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #27
RedBeard1
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

bio, thanks for pm'ing the "recipe"! sounds like i have a lot of room to create, which I am excited about. IPA is my favorite style, which is why i signed up to brew one. Just sent an APA to secondary last night. Gonna run at a traditional british IPA next and refine my flavor. As i know that hoppy beers tend to be best young, I should have time to work out a great recipe and brew a final run in late august/sept to ginger-ize and ship (and sip!) I am super excited to taste everyone's beer and get feedback on my own!

Old 05-31-2012, 12:51 AM   #28
Draygon
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Ive already got a very good idea of what stout I am going to use as the base for my Spiced bourbon Stout...better watch out Fellas, Ima put you on your butts You'll all be very merry!

Primary:Empty
Secondary: Amber Ale
Bottled: B2 Amber, Scottish Ale, Honey B Ale, Cherry Stout, Bourbon Vanilla Porter, Double Chocolate (Milk) Stout, B2 Cream Ale, Amber Cider, Maple syrup dark ale, Pirate Strong Ale, Midas touch clone, Spiced Imperial Stout, Olde Ale

Planned: Milk Stout, Barley Wine

Old 05-31-2012, 01:36 AM   #29
MasterJeem
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Just a bit of an introduction...

I'm a mead maker that's recently started brewing and I'm hooked (mead takes so long!). I read through last year's thread and let me tell you, you guys make some delicious looking brews! I have a lot to live up to, but I'm sure that I can get my spiced dunkelweizen up to par. I'm happy to be included in this and if the person who made the dunkelweizen last year is here again, any advice you have for me would be appreciated. That was one of the prettiest beers I've ever seen. I could almost taste it.

This is going to make Christmas as exciting as it was when I was 10, haha

Old 05-31-2012, 02:10 AM   #30
mikeysab
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 27 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 461 Times on 363 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Is it tooo late to take the abbey weizen? Shoulda looked at the recipe, but oh well....i'll find that damn book.

Mikeysab on untappd.

Quick Reply