New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > 12 Beers of Christmas 2012!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 12:33 PM   #201
biochemedic
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 67 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Ok, at this point I've gotten addresses from everyone except: Pint_destroyer, MasterJeem, Clanchief, jtakacs.

Secondary: Why do I keep this line here...?
Bulk Aging: Cocobochet
Planned: Hop Metheglin #3 (NZ hops), Trad. Gesho T'ej

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2012, 12:44 PM   #202
NuclearRich
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 87 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 28

can i put my address in???

Kegged - Robust Porter
Bottled - 30th birthday barleywine, caramel gingerbread quad, Half-wit (100%Brett), Mulberry wit, Caramel Quad/RUMCAKE, coffee porter, Rice Saison, Apple Cider
Primary - Blueberry Blonde, Amber Ale

Cogito Ergo Doleo

"rdwhahb"

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedudefromguam View Post
I thought that meant people were getting frustrated with their brews. Like- OH NO my beer is infected RHWAHAHRBLABLE!!!! OR- My beer pours all foamy RDWHAHBLARABBLE

Old 10-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #203
jtakacs
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 1

just sent it to you bio...

Old 10-18-2012, 03:35 PM   #204
jtakacs
Recipes 

consider me confirmed - we still thinking week after thanks giving?

Old 10-18-2012, 04:44 PM   #205
biochemedic

Recipes 

jtakacs, got it, thanks...just need the last 3 now (Pint_destroyer, MasterJeem, Clanchief)

Yes, I think we should be thinking about shipping right after Thanksgiving in order to have plenty of time for packages to arrive before the big holiday shipping rush...

Old 10-22-2012, 02:47 PM   #206
Clanchief
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Just sent you my address as well.

Primary 3 - Wax's California Common
Drinking - Way too many different beers to list...

Old 10-22-2012, 03:17 PM   #207
biochemedic

Recipes 

Great Clanchief, got it... I'll bug MasterJeem and Pint_destroyer by PM soon if they don't PM me first...

Old 11-04-2012, 03:15 PM   #208
RedBeard1
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

An update on Honey Ginger IPA

On my original brew day, which I posted a few pics of here, a friend stopped by and wanted to learn and help. A long story short, i was distracted and missed some times on my hop additions, scorched the LME in the bottom of the boil kettle, and was just not careful about my process and not really happy with the result. After a few tasting a few hydrometer samples, I decided that this is not a beer that I want to share with you all.

Never fear! I re-brewed, this time with a different recipe. I didn't want to order online and wait for delivery, and there is a new LHBS in Kingsport. Their ingredient selection is very good, but not endless like Northern Brewer. I was also inspired to use lighter malt by an episode of the Sunday Session about traditional IPA's. So aaaannnnnyyway I I've got something for you all to taste come December. It is hopped with 7 1/2 oz of East Kent Goldings, and sitting on 1 1/2 more ounces of hops, 2lbs of honey, and 3oz of candied ginger right now. Just had a little taste this morning to gauge the ginger flavor, and I am expecting to bottle either Tuesday or Wednesday. It measures in at 57 IBU, 7 SRM.

How is everyone else's beer? I'm getting really excited about this!

Old 11-05-2012, 03:54 PM   #209
NuclearRich
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 87 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Would anyone be able to share a recipe for the caramel gingerbread quad? I would like to make this for myself (since I didn't get in on this sweet gig).

Kegged - Robust Porter
Bottled - 30th birthday barleywine, caramel gingerbread quad, Half-wit (100%Brett), Mulberry wit, Caramel Quad/RUMCAKE, coffee porter, Rice Saison, Apple Cider
Primary - Blueberry Blonde, Amber Ale

Cogito Ergo Doleo

"rdwhahb"

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedudefromguam View Post
I thought that meant people were getting frustrated with their brews. Like- OH NO my beer is infected RHWAHAHRBLABLE!!!! OR- My beer pours all foamy RDWHAHBLARABBLE

Old 11-05-2012, 07:33 PM   #210
jtakacs
Recipes 

abbey weizen is in bottles conditioning as i type - happy to report that this went off without a hitch... hit all my numbers perfectly and let it rest on the yeast cake for quite a while. no secondary at all and for a wheat beer with a high percentage (40%) it came out pretty darn clear.

took my first taste yesterday and it has limited wheat influence because the yeast just dominates the beer... also a bit hoppier than i thought it would be.

i wanted it to be less "summery" and more "wintery" so it's a little darker than a standard wheat and less dry for sure... pretty well balanced imo and with carbonation (i shot for the low end of the scale for co2) it should be a really nice beer..

all grain, all saaz hops, wyeast abbey II yeast and fermented pretty cool - originally i was going to try to do it warmer than normal to get some esters out of it, but i wanted to control what i could...

i'll tell you what tho, i've never been more nervous about brewing a beer knowing 11 other people who do this are gonna be drinking it, but i think you'll all like it...

as with all of my beers (and most homebrews from what i can tell) this will need to be cold conditioned for at least a week before drinking it...

Quick Reply