1,000 Batches to Go

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osagedr

Recovering from Sobriety
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I figure it's reasonable to expect about 40 more years of brewing for me.

25 batches per year sounds about right, give or take.

This all came to me as I worried about whether my forced-carb Rye PA would be too young for competition this year. I thought about it for a minute then told myself..."What's the worst that could happen?"

Why sweat the small stuff?

Liver Failure....thats the worst thing that can happen. But hey, the little bugger regenerates itself like a Tribble. [bad star trek reference]
-Jefe-

Liver Failure....thats the worst thing that can happen. But hey, the little bugger regenerates itself like a Tribble. [bad star trek reference]
-Jefe-

Does the liver actually regenerate? I didn't know that...don't know if I'll know that tomorrow either....:drunk:

Liver is the only organ that can heal itself, to a certain degree... once you pass a point though it's done for. I guess if you count skin as an organ it can heal itself too. But the heart and brain and stuff, kidney....take care of em.

Oh and i'm not really a Doctor, just a Beatles fan named Bob.

Thats a very good question that i'm not sure i can answer. I like a variety of styles of beer, so I'm always doing different things. I do brew Midwest's Amarillo Pale ale a lot though, so I guess that would be considered my favorite.
tom

some of you were talking about your liver which reminded me of something i once read on a lienie's t-shirt. don't remember the exact wording but it goes something like this:

as i reflect on all the beer i drank over the years, i feel ashamed. then i think about all the people that work in the brewries and all their hopes and dreams. then i look into my glass and i say to myself "if i don't drink this beer, then all those people in the brewries would not have a job and all their hopes and dreams would be shattered. so it would be better to drink this beer and give them their dreams than to be selfish and worry about my liver." :mug:

Back