Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Cheese Making Forum > Troubleshooting fresh Mozz

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2010, 01:17 AM   #1
Slasher
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Troubleshooting fresh Mozz

Well, my wife wanted to try her hand at it... So I bought the AHS kit with pots...

We drink and use Raw Milk for everything... Luckily we have a source locally at reasonable price...

Well The mozz is mozz, curds forming no problem, but my wife swears she's following the directions in the kit, again online, and once more using the BYO directions...
-THE BIG PROBLEM IS TEXTURE_ It comes out too firm and rubbery... Anyone know what the problem is? Is it a temp issue a portion/ratio issue or what? As we prepare for fresh vegetable as it warms up, I'd love some fresh Soft mozz cheese as I try to work off the Beer belly this spring...

Thanks

Slasher

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2010, 07:35 AM   #2
DIY Brewing Company
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Temperature could be answer. You could also be overworking the cheese. Are you stopping once you get the shiny sheath to it? Also when stirring the curd are you going gently with a flat spoon so that you are basically only moving the curd out of the way of the spoon or actually mixing it? treating your curds gently once they form is extremely important.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply