Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Cheese Making Forum > How Many Uses From a Brush

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2013, 04:17 AM   #1
Zuljin
16%er
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3410 Times on 3140 Posts
Likes Given: 297

Default How Many Uses From a Brush

We're using natural bristle paint brushes to apply wax to cheese. I could see being able to do a few wheels back to back, but are yall able to save brushes from one use to the next? Not us.

Even trying comb it out with a fork and wash it out in hot water, there's so much wax left over in the brush, it's so stiff, we just toss it. They aren't expensive and it's not like we're buying one everyday. Just wondering.

We've also one of those rubber BBQ sauce brushes that we're going to try. Or have you and wound up tossing it too? Would the wax melt that brush?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 11:55 AM   #2
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2144 Times on 1533 Posts
Likes Given: 1178

I used a silicone brush from the kitchen drawer. I planned on making it the permanent cheese brush right from the start.

When I'm done waxing my cheese (that never gets old) I leave the brush in the wax, in the small pan, and let it cool. Then I place the whole pan in a gallon sized plastic baggie and put it on the shelf in the closet until next time.

When I need to wax my cheese again (snicker...) I just pull the pan out, place it inside the other pan with water and start melting the wax.

The nice thing about this silicone brush is that the handle pulls right out of the bristle end, so it becomes pretty compact. After cooling the wax I pull out the handle and right before I melt the wax again I push it back in.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply