Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Cheese Making Forum > heavy whipping cream instead of milk?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2009, 10:51 PM   #1
justbrewit
Zythos Conisseur
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default heavy whipping cream instead of milk?

So I'm about to start making cheese, just got done reading the WHOLE cheese portion of the forum. Questions at this point are; 1) I can't find raw milk yet, can I use just straight whipping cream to make cheese? 2) can I use store milk and plus it up with whipping cream to make creamier cheese? I know I have to use milk the has not been UP, usually before I start a new hobby I read like crazy about it and the steps needed for the task. So far every thing seems pretty easy. The hard cheeses are a bit more involved and I need to make a press, will also have to make a cheese cave. But it looks like a lot of fun. I'm really needing more info on how to smoke the cheeses I'm going to make. Haven't seen anything on the step on how to do this yet but I'm still in the study phase of this new hobby. Any links showing the steps to smoke would be great if ou have any. Thanks and as always this is the place I go for info on my hobbies!

2.5 gal cantalope mead
5.5 gal coconut milk mead

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2009, 01:18 AM   #2
HSM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

That you read this entire cheese forum is pretty tellin on how little info there is. Try this: http://www.cheeseforum.org/.

Cream will make cream cheese. Good if that's what you want.

You can supplement store bought milk with cream.

Calcium Chloride. If you are using store bought you must use it.

Good luck!

"Dad always thought laughter was the best medicine, which I guess is why several of us died of tuberculosis."
www.TheFreeSpeak.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply