Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Cheese Making Forum > Butter

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2012, 12:58 PM   #11
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2430 Times on 1716 Posts
Likes Given: 1379

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenshead View Post
Me too, no reason to watch out for salt if you're already eating butter. I was thinking of adding parmasan and garlic to a batch. Ready made garlic bread.
Well, there is a difference between eating low sodium and low fat... Modern science suggests that butter may not be as harmful as it's replacements had been.

Also, other studies suggest that a VERY low sodium diet can actually be harmful as well. And there isn't enough salt in a small tub of butter to make much difference when you "spread" it out over the number of meals it's used in.

I made more last night because I bought a small jug of cream for a kid's school project that we decided to change at the last minute. This time I tried Alton Brown's suggestion of adding a touch of olive oil and whipping it up so it stays softer in the fridge. We'll see.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2012, 02:19 PM   #12
CreamyGoodness
Grows On You Like Yeast
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1770 Times on 1227 Posts
Likes Given: 3010

When you think about it, cream and milk are almost perfect foods. You start your life drinking the stuff, and if you needed to as an adult you could survive on just the stuff for a couple days. Plus, its almost impossible to screw up with it.

If you leave it out too long, it becomes sour or clotted cream

If you to make butter and get a massive cramp in your arm, you most likely have whipped cream.

And if you turn on the mixer whilst making whipped cream and the old lady asks you to help her with her dresh zipper in the next room, you'll come back to ruined whipped cream, also known as butter.

I didnt choose CreamyGoodness for nothing.

You are more likely to have a threesome with members of the Japanese women's curling team whilst spinning a plate on your head than you are likely to screw up a batch of JAOM.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 04-17-2012, 06:52 AM   #13
DannPM
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness
If you to make butter and get a massive cramp in your arm, you most likely have whipped cream.
Or if just in your left arm, a heart attack lol. From consuming all that home made butter of course.

Time to have some fun

Quick Reply