No, actually, they said that it needed to be reoxygenated, using an aeration or oxygenation kit. Needless to say, I'm skeptical.
Regardless, there's no need for it. I finally checked my gravity this morning, just to make sure I didn't have a stuck fermentation. Not only is my fermentation not stuck, I've actually surpassed the listed attenuation range! Went from 1.059 to 1.015 in, basically, 2 or 3 days. That's 74.5% attenuation, and Wyeast says the expected range is only 67-71%! That's some fast yeast
Given that the fermentation is basically done (since I've already surpassed the listed attenuation range, I doubt it'll do much more) within 3 days, how much longer should I leave it in the primary in order for the diacetyl rest to complete? I have no problem letting it sit for 7 or even 10 days, but I'm just wondering how long is necessary...I'm not used to achieving 74% in 3 days, that's all.
Also, tasted it when I took the readings, absolutely delicious! And Wyeast was right when they said that it produces brilliant beers---it's already clearer than many of my previous batches, even after months of bottle conditioning!
Also, when I was formulating this recipe, alot of people said that I shouldn't use the London ESB strain on a London ESB, because it's too fruity. Even Wyeast conceded that point in their description. However, fortunately, it didn't turn out extraordinarily fruity...at least not yet. I did keep my fermentation temps down below 70, though. Either way, this is set to be a great ESB. Gonna dryhop with EKG in secondary.