Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Wort Chiller Guide

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2011, 02:41 AM   #1
sendkyleanemail
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Default Wort Chiller Guide

I am headed to home depot tomorrow to gather some materials for a few DIY projects. I found a good guide and parts list here for a cooler based mash tun. Is there a similar thread for an immersion chiller? I wanna build one this weekend...

Also, I may see if I can put the same screen and valve deal on an aluminum turkey fryer pot. That looks like it would make putting the wort into the Carboy a much simpler task that siphoning or pouring from the pot.

Anyway... anyone know any links here to help me please post them. I am heading out in the AM!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2011, 04:58 AM   #2
shauntraxler
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendkyleanemail View Post
I am headed to home depot tomorrow to gather some materials for a few DIY projects. I found a good guide and parts list here for a cooler based mash tun. Is there a similar thread for an immersion chiller? I wanna build one this weekend...

Also, I may see if I can put the same screen and valve deal on an aluminum turkey fryer pot. That looks like it would make putting the wort into the Carboy a much simpler task that siphoning or pouring from the pot.

Anyway... anyone know any links here to help me please post them. I am heading out in the AM!!
Yes. There are threads telling you how to build an immersion chiller. I read somewhere that it can be as simple as getting some 3/8" soft copper tubing and bending it around a coffee can. You may want to get some copper wire or something to hold the coils in place so you don't get a slinky effect. I suggest you search it out.

As far as the pot: It's possible. But you'd need to do some welding... I don't know what your capabilities are but yes, it could be done.

A final note: Do your research before starting a new thread. Search on the forum. It's very easy, fast, and extremely resourceful.

Good luck with the DIY's.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:58 PM   #3
terrencepickles
Recipes 

http://www.youtube.com/bobbyfromnj#p/c/DD904B9BABCE723C/0/G8EolKTDZUQ

Here you go.

Old 04-09-2011, 10:41 PM   #4
wilserbrewer
Vendor
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 425 Times on 360 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Just a heads up...putting a stainless braid in your kettle may clog...with pellet hops think it is almost a certainty.

Expert tailor and supplier of custom sized, top quality BIAB bags, hop bags and ratchet pulleys at reasonable pricing

http://biabbags.webs.com

CORONA MILL BUCKET SYSTEM V. 2.0

Quick Reply