Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Whirlpool Hopping

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #11
g-star
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 80 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPal75 View Post
Or should I just try to make Jamil's chiller setup and buy a pump? How hard is it to get the copper in Jamil's setup bent to the right angle to get a good whirlpool?
You can buy the whirlpool arm pre-made from several online homebrew stores. A pump and the whirlpool chiller setup were one of the best investments I made in homebrewing. Tough to beat in terms of rapid chilling and hands-off, easy whirlpool generation.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2013, 08:39 PM   #12
mooshimanx
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantH View Post
This was talked about on BrewTV as well. They mentioned one brewery (the name eludes me) actually only does a 60 minute addition and a whirlpool addition. It gives what is needed and no waste.
A lot of breweries do that. Stone Ruination is just a bittering and then whirlpool. I can't recall, but I believe that Stone IPA is the same way.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply