What's Brewing This Weekend? Oct. 13-14

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tomorrow I'm brewing a Scotch ale (partial mash). Then on Monday, my first-ever batch of mead. :D (4-day weekend for me = more brewing!)

LouT said:
So is that what you've picked for #50? I am itching to do a German Pils -- something like a Carlsburg (or is it Karlsburg) or Bitburger clone. There's a paucity of German Pils recipes around, I always see Czech Pils recipes. Please share recipe. Oh, I hope it comes out great -- yeah, if you want bitter, you might be a bit short on the Saaz, but I don't see why a little magnum wouldn't work!
No, this is #49
Recipe is simple, and I think I'm going with the magnum...

8.5 oz. German Pils Malt

2 oz. Saaz 2.1% 60 min
0.25 oz Magnum 11.0% pellets 60 min
1 oz Saaz 15 min
1 oz Saaz 5 min

White Labs WLP-830 German Lager Yeast from starter

Protien Rest 122 15 min
Mash 152 60 min

Est. OG: 1.047, 33 IBU

Some times nothing beats a good ole american premiunm lager. I know all may say yuk but sometimes a coors, bud, or miller is just what hits the spot, I said sometimes. Anyway did an american lager with a og of 1052. Should be good.

Nothing for me. I made a promise to myself after last weekends Mini Mash that my next Brewing session will be AG. So I am planning on brewing my first AG on Veterans day. To everyone that is brewing this weekend, Good Luck and Happy Brewing!!!:rockin:

I tossed a clone of Boerke that my LHBS proprietor and I found in a book. I have actually never tried the beer, I just wanted to try a Belgian, and I thought the grain bill looked exciting. Anyone familiar with this beer? Supposed to come out orangey colored, abv of around 6%...I'm looking forward to trying this one!

Brewsmith said:
No, this is #49
Recipe is simple, and I think I'm going with the magnum...

8.5 oz. German Pils Malt

2 oz. Saaz 2.1% 60 min
0.25 oz Magnum 11.0% pellets 60 min
1 oz Saaz 15 min
1 oz Saaz 5 min

White Labs WLP-830 German Lager Yeast from starter

Protien Rest 122 15 min
Mash 152 60 min

Est. OG: 1.047, 33 IBU

Looks nice. Assuming you mean 8.5 lb of German Pils Malt, vs. the 8.5 oz...
Could one of these be done as an extract/steep, or will it taste too "extracty"? I haven't stepped up to AG yet.

Not really a brew, but just picked up 5 gallons of fresh cider and got that sitting with pectic enzyme now. Plan to pitch tomorrow before going to work.

-D

BierMuncher said:
Double Header.

10-Gallons Nierra Sevada Saturday.

10-Gallons Blue Balls Sunday.
The APA is bubbling away nicely.

Change in plans on the Blue Balls. My Wit yeast (harvested) looks to be past it's prime. I'm brewing it for a competition so I want it to be right. Had ot brew thoughs so I did a new House ALe to replace the bad batch from two weeks ago.

"Three-Five Centennial Ale"

Estimated OG: 1.040 SG
Estimated Color: 3.8 SRM
Estimated IBU: 22.1 IBU

14.00 lb Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 82.4 %
1.00 lb Cara-Pils/Dextrine (2.0 SRM) Grain 5.9 %
1.00 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 10L (10.0 SRM) Grain 5.9 %
1.00 lb Vienna Malt (3.5 SRM) Grain 5.9 %
0.50 oz Centennial [9.50%] (60 min) Hops 8.7 IBU
0.50 oz Centennial [9.50%] (40 min) Hops 7.7 IBU
0.50 oz Cascade [7.80%] (20 min) Hops 4.3 IBU
0.50 oz Cascade [7.80%] (5 min) Hops 1.4 IBU
1 Pkgs Nottingham (Danstar #-) Yeast-Ale

Just finished a Cherry stout. I cannot wait to get that into the bottles and give it a try.....

Just brewed up a quick and easy Porter. Threw together the ingredients while hurrying at the LHBS. I didn't realize they closed on Fridays at 4pm, and I rolled up in there at 3:30!

On sat. I brewed my 2nd attempt at my house IPA aka Five Count IPA. First time I did it I used Chinook, Amarillo, Cascade. Came out nice, but I didn't get as much citrusy hop bite as I was going for. Also, did it in the dead of summer and probably hit a few mif to high 70s temp-wise. This time, its a bit cooler in the apt. and I bumped the Cascade additions up to Centennials and added another oz. of Cascade at flameout.

Also started the dryhopping of my Rogue Blackend Brutal Bitter (Skullsplitter) clone. Looking and smelling good.

Back