OK, I understand what chill haze is and how to combat it. Here's my process:
- I use Whirlfloc, I personally don't think it does much, but I do use it.
- After a dyacytl rest, I'll crash the beer down to 32 degrees for 3 days
- It then gets filtered thru 2 plate filters (the first course pads and the 2nd with 'sterile' pads, tho' I'm certain the micron level of the 'sterile' filter isn't really sterile). At this point the beer is razor sharp clear.
- Then it sits at room temp for over a week while it force carbs
- I then chill again overnight to counterpressure bottle, and the friggin' haze is back again!
How is this possible? When I filter the beer it's at 32 degrees so I would imagine I'm filtering out any chill haze forming compounds...
Help me understand what is happening...