Old 12-04-2012, 04:45 PM   #11
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2733 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Found it. Hop Flavored Beer Lollipops Recipe – LolliHOPS!

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 04:47 AM   #12
B-Hoppy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 132 Times on 105 Posts
Likes Given: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Actually I don't know if he INVENTED hop candy, I think a lot of folks did it. He just was one of them to bring it to market. There is a recipe on here for hop flavored lollipops that a woman posted on here a couple years ago.
I thought I did, but I could be wrong. I wanted to make hop scented soap but the scent didn't stick so I tried it with some candy one Christmas when I was making hard tack for gifts and it kinda worked.

I got a report from DeFalco's down in Houston that one piece of candy works to carbonate a pint sized bottle and adds a slight bit of hoppiness to the beer. I've never tried it as I haven't bottled for about 20 years now but could see it working.

Hop On!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply