The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Transferring from carboy with co2

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2012, 01:15 AM   #11
beerbeer95648
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_C View Post
Correct, I was just using the pressure relief valve. Could you explain what you mean by using a gas disconnect on the other side? And how would this help if the pressure relief valve shut? I think I know what you're saying but I want to be sure. I've been a longtime bottler and now I've just moved into the world of kegging. It's awesome and fun but I am finding all the different fittings, connections, CO2 stuff, etc. a bit overwhelming (still beats bottling hundreds of beers!). Thanks

I just meant that I prefer to snap on a disconnect fitting on the other side of the corny as a means of relieving the pressure in the receiving keg. I like it for two reasons. First, it is insurance for me to that I don't accidentally close the relief and then effectively pressurize the whole system. When I use a disconnect (just the grey disconnect with no hose or anything) I am assured the keg is venting. And second, because I transfer from a keg primary to a corny where I cant see the liquid moving, it is easy to put your eye right up to the venting disconnect and feel the displaced co2 coming out and know that beer is moving.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:18 PM   #12
TacoBrew
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbeer95648 View Post
... it is easy to put your eye right up to the venting disconnect and feel the displaced co2 coming out and know that beer is moving.
Your eye? Why not just your hand?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2013, 04:45 PM   #13
eluterio
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Sorry for being late on this one?

Im just building mine this weekend. Only think Im not sure about is what type of line should I use on the liquid side? Should I use the left over 5/16 ID Beer line I have left over or should I use the 3/8 tubing I have that I have been using on my auto siphon?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply