Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Transfering a yeast cake?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2009, 11:43 PM   #1
bubbachunk
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default Transfering a yeast cake?

So I will have a yeast cake sitting in my 6.5 gal glass primary in a couple days and I would like to use it again just would rather put something else in my glass. My question is, with proper sanitation assumed, could i suspend the yeast cake by leaving a little liquid and the bottom and pour it into a plastic bucket or should I siphon?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2009, 12:38 AM   #2
BlindLemonLars
Conqueroo Brew
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 31

I'd suggest washing the yeast to eliminate most of the trub, and tucking it away in the fridge for future use. Personally, I like the simple method demonstrated in this thread.

Old 07-01-2009, 01:12 AM   #3
bubbachunk
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindLemonLars View Post
I'd suggest washing the yeast to eliminate most of the trub, and tucking it away in the fridge for future use. Personally, I like the simple method demonstrated in this thread.
Wow nice find I like that better than the one that is stickied as it makes it much simpler. However will I need to make a starter with the washed yeast or will I have enough in a mason jar?

Quick Reply