*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Time crunch, contest entry...please advise.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2009, 02:09 AM   #11
bhatchable
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

northpark, i make the trek out to home brew mart at least once a month. still planning on sitting this one out? I may enter my imperial stout- i think they are taking entries until the end of the month. the grand prize is f***ing sweet

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2009, 02:39 AM   #12
Zen_Brew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Your Brown Porter is way to heavy for style. You can be a bit off, but I think they will notice a 1.081.

You may be better served to enter that as a Baltic Porter, or at least a robust, although it would be a bit heavy there as well.

Using the mind to look for reality is delusion. Using your senses to look for reality is awareness.

"One time I was so desperate for a beer I snuck into the football stadium and ate the dirt under the bleachers." Homer Simpson

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Hoppiness

Old 09-28-2009, 02:03 AM   #13
kanzimonson
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 25 Posts

That's great advice Zen Brew. Remember, you can enter your beer in any category, not just the one you were trying to make.

Old 10-06-2009, 02:18 AM   #14
Steiner
Recipes 

I entered an American Pale Ale and a Belgian Blonde. Not quite ready, but I felt kinda guilty taking up 3 reservations and not giving them anything. I held off on the Porter- ya, it's a bit big- I beefed up my original recipe just for the hell of it. But ya, the grand prize is absolutely insane! I gotta find more out there like that. Have you been to HomeBrewMart lately? The renovation is awesome!

Zen, you're right on. I learned that the hard way, after entering 2 beers in a past contest that I was pleased to have received very positive comments, but I was told they should have been entered into different categories.

Primary: Chocolate Oatmeal Stout
Secondary: Pumpkin Ale, Scottish Ale
Aging: Oaked Vanilla Bourbon Porter, Blueberry Mead, Orange Mead
Drinking:
Next:

Time heals...
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/blog.php?b=104
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showpost...&postcount=101

Old 10-06-2009, 03:04 AM   #15
bhatchable
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I haven't been in a while. what does it look like now? I didn't end up bringing any of my beers up there sadly.

Quick Reply