So I had read a few threads about harvesting yeast from commercial brews and about Pacman in particular. So I picked up a couple bombers of Rogue, one of the Shakespeare Stout and one more. I swirled them up in a starter with some DME and let it run on my DIY stirplate for 24 hours, stepped it up and let it run for another 24 hours. When I pitched it last night on a brown ale I hoped I had got enough yeast propagating for a good fermentation. When I got home today it was bubbling away! I should have plenty of yeast to harvest and wash after this. Pretty cool!
Kegged: Hoppy Amber, ESB, Weizenbock, Breakfast Stout, IPA
Fermenting: Yooper's Oktoberfest